The New Loretta Hotel
    Rose Tor Hotel(Llandudno)
    • Breakfast included
    Milverton House(Llandudno)
    • Bar/Lounge
    All reviewsa bit tiredclean towelsentertainment every nightlick of paintsingle roomtea and coffee making facilitiesfriendly hotelweekend breakgreat weekendgreat ormecouldn't do enoughenjoyable staywetherspoonspromenade
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 18 September 2013

we will never book with national holidays again! worst hloiday we have ever experienced,literally dumped at the hotel at 12.30,and unable to check in until 3 pm.the rooms are very basic,no hot water in the shower.food and staff very good.entertainment rubbish.as for the day trips it was a complete farce ,drivers turned up not knowing who they were picking up,one driver was actually 77 years old ,bless him.like i said ,never again!

Room Tip: get one on the front
    • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
    6  Thank len994
    Reviewed 16 September 2013

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights at the New Loretta Hotel in September 2013 as part of a National Holidays trip. At £169 per person for travel, bed, breakfast, evening meal, 4 complementary drinks and arranged trips I thought that the package was on the whole very good value for money.

The hotel is centrally located and is a short walk from the sea front and pier. It is close to shops, restaurants etc.

The New Loretta Hotel was on the whole of a standard that I would expect for the price paid, however I personally would class the accommodation as more of a seaside B & B rather than a Hotel. The hotel itself advertises vacancies for B & B at £35.00 per person per night.

I found the accommodation to be reasonably clean and cheerfully decorated although in places it could perhaps do with a bit of a refurb.

The room that we were initially given i.e Room 110 was very small for a double, there was a very small gap to navigate between the double wardrobe and the window side of the bed, the locking catch on one of the windows was broken so I could not shut it properly. The room was above the bar so there was a fair bit of noise from the entertainer/hotel guests.

The main issue however was the bathroom which was tiny and badly laid out. It would be OK for a child however for an adult to sit on the toilet they would have to either slide their legs under the hand basin or open the shower door.

This is quite literally the only bathroom where I could sit on the loo and wash my hands in the hand basin at the same time!!! My partner who is six foot resorted to using the gents toilets as the bathroom was unworkable for him.

We stayed one night in room 110 before asking reception if we could swap. The receptionist was very helpful and understanding and we swapped from a double with a "view" to the only other available room which was a twin which overlooked the extraction vent from the kitchen . The new room 121 was more spacious than the original room and had a shower and toilet in an en-suite room and the hand basin in the main bedroom which worked much better. The beds were comfy and the room was reasonably quiet.

The rooms have a radiator, tea and coffee making facillities and a hair dryer. The TVs are fairly modern flat screens with free view chanels and decent reception. There was Wi-Fi but this only seemed to work on the ground floor and there was no air conditioning which wasn't a problems when we went but I suspect in the middle of summmer the rooms may get a bit hot.

The meals were of a better standard that I had expecting with plenty of choice including vegetarian options and waiter service was provided. The dining staff were extremely friendly and accommodating.

My first instinct upon seeing our initial room (110) was to give the hotel a one star rating, however during the course of my stay I revised this to a three star on the basis of the food and the friendliness and helpfulness of all of the staff.

Room Tip: Avoid room 110 if possible and if you do get a room that isn't acceptable make enquires about the possibility of changing it. Rooms to the rear of the hotel may be quieter.
    • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank CA1CAT
    Reviewed 31 August 2013

we booked late into this hotel,without reading some reviews on here,thankfully we did not read them,From the start of this break we felt very welcome,Stephanie and Melanie thank you.To the rest of the staff thank you.It was lovely to be able to include the whole family in the evening entertainment.The rooms are basic,clean,comfortable,well equipped,plenty of wardrobe and draw space,the breakfast was lovely,and the waiting on staff efficient and friendly.the night porter is a lovely man,Our overall experience was wonderful,Thank you to you all

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
    5  Thank jbritishtraveller
    Reviewed 26 August 2013

we stayed here with our 2 young children (5 and 19 months) and my parents, it was a lovely stay, the staff very friendly, the rooms were basic and the decor a little dated but it was clean, tidy and the beds were comfy, my 5 year old is already asking to go back.
    the breakfast was nice, the entertainment at night was good, the location is just a short walk to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
    3  Thank Fraggle78
    Reviewed 15 August 2013

Went to Llandudno on the recemendation of a good friend
    So decided to book into the new Loretta hotel.
    On arriving at the hotel it like we had made a big mistake
    Oh how wrong people can be it turned out to be the best
    Week's holiday for a few years.
    To say the staff could not do enough for u is a
    An understatement also the room's were cleaned every
    Day fresh linen fresh toiletteries meals were great
    Plenty of variety and menu changed every day can't
    Not recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family