All reviews disabled people wet room shower chair entertainment every night profiling bed safe hands my mum sea front the hotel offers recommend this hotel monday to friday every evening feel so welcome meal times fantastic hotel cooked to perfection single room
Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is one of the best hotels we have been to. Clean, most friendly staff. Brilliant location. Wonderful food. Cater for all disabilities no matter how bad. The food was great as was the entertainment

Date of stay: November 2017
Caroline S, Reservations Clerk at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Morning Joan,

Thank you for your positive review about our hotel! I am pleased it has met your expectations, and that our brilliant staff team made your stay more enjoyable.

We do cater for all disabilities. I am pleased you liked the food, and enjoyed the entertainment. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with my Dad and Step-Mother. This hotel especially caters for people with disabilities. I myself am disabled. My room had an electric profiling bed. The mattress sat below the bed frame which not only made it difficult to get out of but also hurt the back of my legs. I have been told the hotel are aware of this and will be replacing the mattresses whilst the hotel is closed for the off-season. The toilet in my Dad’s room was leaking and this was not repaired even after my Dad alerted the hotel staff. The biggest down side was the attitude of one of the restaurant staff. We were greeted on the first day with “name” being barked at us. I require a gluten feee diet. This was mentioned to the person in the booking line and my Dad was contacted a few days before our stay by a lady who knew all about my dietary needs. The lady in the restaurant told us they knew nothing about it and accused us of booking at the wrong hotel. I was given only one option for my meal which was something I didn’t really like. My step-mum asked if I would only be getting one choice and the lady rudely responded with “well I’m not the chef”. Things did get better after this. The weekend restaurant staff were lovely and the food was absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection at each meal. The staff in the desk were very friendly and helpful and the hotel has a nice atmosphere. I would recommend a visit here if you are disabled. Despite initial problems we enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kerrybubbles

Morning Kerry,

Firstly thank you for highlighting the problem with the bed and letting our staff team know about this issue, i can confirm that we have ordered new mattresses for The Esplanade Hotel, and hope that you will return and give us another try.
I would also like to apologise for you feeling you were barked at, i will raise this with the hotel. If possible are you able to email the details of your stay so i can have a look into what happened.
I am glad by the time you departed that you had had an enjoyable stay, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Went back to this hotel for me birthday ,arranged to meet friends that meet there last year there as it was one of theirs birthday that week as well .I love this hotel as a independent wheelchair user as it totally accessible even as a wet room and profile bed and i can can go on me own and be independent but there,s support if i need it and all ways make friends with the other guest as there a cabaret bar and muic and entattament in hotel every nite with a bar which is open all hours for guests I went on one trip from hotel would of liked more .

Room tip: yea pay more for sea view single rooms can be a bit small for independent wheel chair user
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

Hi Tallagth,

Glad you could return to us for your birthday and that you had an enjoyable time, celebrating a friends birthday!
I'm glad you find the hotel to be supportive of your needs and that you feel you can come independently and still have a fantastic time.
We would encourage guests to ask upon arrival at Reception of what trips we are providing whilst you are staying with us, and the hotel will happily book you on the trips.
we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I visted the Esplanade hotel with a large group of people from the MS Society. There was a large range of mixed reviews for our stay. I will give an honest opinion from myself and an unbiased opinion from another's perspective.
The whole group (including myself) agreed that the staff that worked there were *Amazing* they really could not do enough to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Upon arrival not all rooms were ready by check in time and one couple waited 2.5 hours later for their room and was not even offered a drink whilst they waited. I was given my key card and made my way to the 3rd floor via one of the two lifts. The room was spacious, clean and had a fantastic view of the seafront. However, the rooms at the back of the hotel had a very poor view looking over a very drab car park. The temperature in the room was so hot and uncomfortable when we arrived and many guests were complaining but the following morning were we issued electric fans, for the rooms. I had a twin room with an electric bed and standard single. I have multiple sclerosis so the electric bed was very welcomed. However, the bed had rail guards each side and many of us found that by the end of the 5th day we had bruises to the back of our legs because the rail was above the height of the mates. The shower (wet room) was perfect and there was a portable commode in each room. Many rooms had hoists and every room had an emergency button. There is also care staff in the building to help if needed. I was fortunate (on this occasion) not to need this service. The entertainment was good each evening with Bingo around 8/8.30pm and this was followed by a singer (all of which, we're very good).
Breakfast was between 8.15 and 9.30am. It was table service and almost any breakfast requested was available. The was an unlimited supply of tea/coffee and toast with preserves. Full English breakfast, kippers, eggs benedict, cereal you get the idea...
Evening meals were served between 5 and 6.30pm for some people it was too early but for others it was perfect. There was a choice of 3 starters, mains and dessert including cheese and biscuits. The food was ok but some complained a lot about it. I found there was always something you could choose from the menu and I enjoyed the meals I had. However the chef would be happy to accommodate, if nothing suited your palate. The location of the hotel was superb right near the pier and shops/ restaurants. I thoroughly enjoyed
my time at The Esplanade and shall be returning next year!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Natasha B
Management response:Responded 19 July 2017

Good Morning Natasha,

Thank you for your feedback. I can only apologise that you had a delay in waiting for your rooms to be ready - and didn't receive your complimentary tea/ coffee whilst waiting. I also want to thank you for bringing it to our attention regarding the cot sides on the bed, I am sorry you suffered discomfort, this is something we are going to look into and I have passed all your comments onto our operations manager, Karen.
I am glad everything else about your stay was good, and look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Went for a long weekend beginning of July. With two residents and two staff. Had interconnecting rooms. Although we had to wait for rooms to be ready the staff gave us coffee and somewhere nice to wait. Rooms ideal for what we needed big enough for wheelchairs and wet rooms perfect for residents. Only complaint about the rooms is the sheets do not fit on the bed and you end up waking with them falling off (looked like duvet covers used as bed sheets). Rooms where clean though. We had evening meal included and all I will say is that they are lovely. Ask for smaller portions we had one lady who couldn't face a large meal and the staff were happy to accommodate this. Didn't use the evening entertainment as residents where tired after a full day out but heard other people saying how lovely it was. All in all a lovely place to stay especially for people with disabilities.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 19 July 2017

Good Morning Joanne,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel.
I am glad our staff made you feel welcome upon arrival and provided you with refreshments whilst you had to wait for the rooms to be ready.
I am also happy that the adjoining rooms had met your expectations. In regards to the sheets on the bed, I have passed this onto house keeping who are going to rectify the problem asap, we have to use these sheets on our beds for hygiene purposes too.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.