“disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Mamma Rosa Italian Ristorante
Ranked #4 of 204 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Mamma Rosa is a quaint restaurant set in a Victorian house. The ambience is warm, cosy and intimate. The restaurant is set on 2 floors, the first floor has more space allowing parties to be catered for. Toilets are also located on the first floor. Wheelchairs have access to the ground floor restaurant.
Hereford, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had this restaurant recommended to us. It was a busy saturday night and the waiting staff were very young and lacking in experience. The food was of low quality. My pasta dish was stodgy and bland and the Tiramasu which was homemade was just sponge soaked in rum- not what you expect from a traditional Italian restaurant. No atmosphere, uninterested staff and bland food.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank bundicus

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fabulous evening, the staff are superb and the food was wonderful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We came here only based on the reviews on trip advisor. To be honest they don't do the restaurant justice, we didn't have a reservation but the staff managed to fit us in. The food was fantastic, the portions were huge.
The staff are very friendly and attentive.
Its a must visit restaurant if you are in Llandudno. We will definitely be calling again.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank marklist
Framlingham, United Kingdom
“Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We recently visited this Restaurant. It was quite busy and our booked table was not ready immediately, but this was not really a problem. We four chose our mains and I went for the Tagliatelle Bolognese thinking this would be, as described, a traditional Italian meat sauce. However, when it arrived there was a noticeable absence of beef. I remarked to my friends that it appeared to only contain bacon.The sauce was incredible spicy which caused my lips to burn. I was unable to finish my meal because it was too hot. When the waitress came to collect our plates and enquire if all was satisfactory I commented that this was not what I had expected and was unable to finish. She replied " Yes I know, we brought you the wrong dish, but since you started it we didn't tell you" Sorry, but this was an awful way to treat a customer and we were apalled!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Susan F
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“good local italian nosh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a lovely restaurant with good food and friendly staff and sensible prices.I was able to book in advance and the menu had plenty of choice with a range of prices.house red wine was very acceptable.I would go again.take friends and recommend to others.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank rozonorme
scotland
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lively and nice ambience in this nice little restaurant, when we finally found it. Looks like a house from outside. Friendly staff. Food lovely. Would visit agIn

Visited June 2014