“Family visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 36 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Cowes, United Kingdom
“Family visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Daughter in law arranged 2 nights b/b for us to enable us to attend her sisters 40th party. Great choice! Quite a place, very unique, comfortable room, nice power shower and great breakfast!! Location excellent, short walk into shops and in our case a little longer walk to party venue! Loved the Film Posters, memories of having seen the pictures!! Fantastic little garden area and what wisterias!! Recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reading
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

My mum and I stayed in a twin room with en-suite shower room, up in the rafters. Really lovely place. Old style movie poster prints everywhere which is really interesting. Lovely breakfast - and if you want breakfast book direct with the hotel not via anything online. Sadly it rained while we were there so we couldn't check out the garden, but the brief view from the bedroom it looked lovely.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

My best friend and I stayed at this hotel in 2012 for one night as a stop over. The hotel was exactly what we would've wanted. Lots of character, we loved the film posters and homely feel of it, it felt so warming. It is a bit of an Aladdins cave, so if you're into ultra modern it probably isn't the one for you, but we loved it. The owners/staff were ever so friendly and warm and we wished we could've stayed longer. We didn't want to leave and if we're ever that way again, it is the only place we would stay. Right up our street!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Ipswich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

It is a small and decent hotel, if the room rate is low. It is very basic and clean. You need to be careful when you book it, as when I did, it talked about english breakfast, but it did not say it is included or you have to pay for it. When i got to the hotel, they said breakfast was not included. I thought the rate I paid was too high considering what the hotel offered. The rate would have been fair if breakfast was included. I arrived late so welcoming was a bit odd. I asked about breakfast and I felt the person at reception was not feeling very talkative or welcoming. Just gave me the key and said where my room was. When I came down in the morning, they told me that if I have had booked the room directly through them, I would have paid cheaper and breakfast would be included.

In summary, hotel is very clean, it looks pleasant, with basic things in the bedroom. Pillowcases were stainned, so I felt unsure about using pillows and the noise at night from the street kept me waking up, so my sleep was not good at all.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Ms H
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

Liked this place, this is a nice hotel, my room was a single with en suite. Very clean freshly decorated all through the hotel. Cumfy cosy bed with good quality bedding, very homely place. I had to pay for my breakfast £3.50 for continental, Or £7something for cooked. This is due to booking through.a third party, so if you stay here. Book direct, or there's no breaky.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Saywhatisee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Although the decor (film noir theme) may not be up to all tastes, i felt that the it gives the Bentley Tower Hotel a uniqueness that is absent in the ubiquitous corporate box.

The room was spacious and clean, the beds were very comfortable and the shower was fit for purpose. The breakfast was superb.

I found the the people running the place very helpful and courteous ( so I am puzzled by a couple of the previous reviews).

I was lucky enough that I stay on a fine summers evening (rare I know) so was able to enjoy the lovely patio area and garden with a couple of cheeky drinks before venturing out for the evening.

All in all I hearterly recommend this hotel

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I had read previous reviews but still decided to stay and very glad I did. The hotel is a great place in an interesting old building. I loved all the old film posters on the walls. The staff/owners were friendly and could not have been more helpful. There is a lovely garden to sit in and a bar. My room was clean and tidy, the bed was comfortable. It was at the front of the hotel but had soundproofing on window. However, as it was a hot evening I had windows wide open and traffic noise did not bother me, but I do live in a city. I would recommend staying here. I think it's really important to support independent businesses. It's a short and easy walk into the town centre.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple