“Baby shower”

Arlingtons
Ranked #109 of 469 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Arlingtons Ipswich has recently been taken over by new management. Ken Ambler, founder of Mortimer's Seafood Restaurant, would like to welcome you to the new Arlingtons offerings. Our renowned cafe bar, offering breakfast, deli style lunch, coffee and homemade cakes, afternoon teas and all day bar. Our all new evening fish cafe option, offering informal dining at great value in a fantastic surrounding. For the fish cafe you choose the way your fresh, locally sourced fish is prepared along with your choice of accompaniments. Starters, grill options, specials and desserts are all available. Our new bespoke events offering, providing parties, functions and weddings tailored to your individual needs. Contact us to allow us to help create an event tailored to your needs.
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

I've booked a private room for my friends baby shower, I saw this advertised on Facebook and was shocked that they did private rooms however I was very impressed with the facilities on offer.
We had afternoon tea which cost £10 per person which is a very good price and also the food was of a very high standard.
The staff were very friendly and attentive to our needs.
I would recommend Arlington's for afternoon tea or for a private event because I was very impressed with their standards.

Arlingtons1, Manager at Arlingtons, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Thank you very much for your kind review. Look forward to see you again soon.
Caroline and Ben

Reviewed 26 November 2016

Embarrassed to write this as I was a guest. Had been in Jan 2016 and enjoyed it. Has the Chef and Manager left? Pleasant staff but appeared harassed. Meals for lunch pre-ordered. Sat down, as agreed, at 1300. Drinks order taken at 1310, took between 10 and 15 minutes to arrive, grouped on a tray which was plonked down in the middle of the table. One drink was wrong, one was missing. First courses arrived in stages from 1330. My French onion soup resembled nothing I have ever eaten bearing that name. Limp bits of onion in a thin brown sweet gruel. Staff not observing when food was finished and had to be requested to clear the table. Main courses arrived over 10 minutes from 1430, 1.5 house after we had sat down. Chicken was overcooked, dry and lacking in taste, served with dull chips and a thick glutinous smoky BBQ sauce (I think...) in a small side dish. No vegetables. Thank goodness for pudding - a New York cheesecake - which was pretty good. Brought in? A very disappointing experience with some serious work required in the kitchen and training for the waiting staff.

We do thank you for your review.
Can you please call Arlingtons on your earliest convenience to discuss further.
Kind regards
Caroline Holloway

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Visited for lunch in the downstairs cafe. Purchased tea and cake, friend chose a sandwich. Mine arrived within 10 minutes but the cake was dry and stale, basically inedible.
Sandwich turned up 40 mins later - not ideal on a lunch break. Bread wasn't fresh, crisps were stale. Unimpressed.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

We visited Arlington's on Friday the 18th of November.
We decided to give this place another try as last time our meal wasn't to great, but we heard hands had changed and we loved the atmosphere of the place so decided to give it another go....big mistake!
When arriving the place was empty (prime time of 8pm on a Friday)
Which caused concern straight away!
Our waiter was lovely and did a very good job of being extremely attentive.
I ordered the chicken supreme, with dauphinois potatoes....the potatoes were so garlicky I could barely eat them( this is coming from a person who never complains! )
I could let that slide, however my partner ordered half chicken which was tough on the outside and completely raw in the middle!!!
The waitress said 'oh my god' when she saw it!!
Obviously we did not pay for our meal, you wouldn't even feed that to your dog let alone a customer!
We must say we were most disappointed with the food and will not be returning.
The staff were very lovely and apologetic, we felt very embarrassed for them having to apologise for something that wasn't there fault.....
the management should consider getting a new chef!

Reviewed 20 November 2016

I came here yesterday with friends for lunch, such a beautiful elegant building. The atmosphere was good, the staff were very attentive and the food was great and very reasonably priced, can thoroughly recommend as somewhere to go in Ipswich town centre for a different atmosphere than the usual run of the mill coffee shops and cafes.

Thank you for your kind review. Hope to see you again soon.
Caroline and Ben