“Wholesome, tasty food, but...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Wholesome, tasty food, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

The food here is very tasty vegetarian fare. At a very reasonable cost, you can choose from a variety of piping hot dishes served up with a green sald. The dahl with rice is delicious, as is everything I have ever tried there. I can highly recommend this place for the food. My only issues here are the size and layout of the cafe and occasionally, staff attitude. The cafe is an odd shape and the tables are close together because it's so small. And upon occasion, the staff can be quite distant, almost aloof; not all the people who serve there have got customer care quite right unfortunately. However, the food is so good that I ignore this if I happen across one of the frosty people. The owner is friendly so I think he needs to train his staff the same way. I know two people who stopped going there because they felt that some staff didnt like them! Thats not good - so guys, if you are reading this, smile when you take our money or we will stop coming. No customers = no jobs.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Gilly M

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Fabulous as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

It's the second time I have been to this restaurant and I had a great lunchtime main meal of lentil and cheese bake with a roasted tomato and garlic salsa. Yum! (maybe I should add that this is a vegetarian restaurant). I went with my young son (aged 7) and he chose salad. There was a lovely selection of different salads - something to suit everyone. Great service too all the dishes were explained to me before ordering. A lovely touch.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nickye_11
Suffolk
“Delicious veggie food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I visited with my mum yesterday and it was amazing. Great food selection, friendly service and the food was delicious! I had the lentil Dahl and my mum had the tomato and spinach lasagne. I also had some vegan chocolate cake. OMG it was AMAZING!! Can't wait to return and bring my husband! :)

2 Thank thezombies13
ipswich
“What tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

This place just amazes me, how do they cool food so well with no meat, I love meaty dishes but am so converted to vegetarian food, well done to all.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Powerscape
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Excellent veggie food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We live just around the corner, so we seldom eat lunch out. In fact the only reason we lunch out is so that we can enjoy the excellent food here.

We are not vegetarians, but when you can have food as good as this, who needs meat? The meals are all freshly cooked and very varied, and we have never been disappointed.

They also make mouth watering cakes.

• 4 of 5 bubbles