“Tourist center in very old church”

Ipswich Tourist Information Centre
Ranked #24 of 116 things to do in Ipswich
Ipswich, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Tourist center in very old church”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I liked the rustic building (old church) where the Info point is placed, it is in a way a pun as to the history of Ipswich town, which was dominated by sailors and churches. You can find souvenirs here, national express tickets, maps (free and paid) and occasional fairs (like Christmas charity cards for example). I haven't requested as much information probably as the previous reviewer, but what I needed they were able to supply me with. Overall a good to very good experience in my thoughts.

Visited December 2013

Cheshunt, United Kingdom
186 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 458 helpful votes
“First call when entering Ipswich.....however their local knowledge is very limited”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We had parked at the hotel and walked in. We were aware that parking in the town centre was expensive and limited. We went straight to the Tourist Information to pickup a street plan map, leaflets of local attractions and a fridge magnet. The range of fridge magnets were disappointing as I was looking for ones with the photos of the magnificent toll houses in the area but there were none. This place does not really offer enough for the visitor. There was a standard christmas card sale and some other Ipswich trinkets including mugs and key rings but I was looking for free walking maps but these were charged for. I was also looking for the attractions in Ipswich leaflets with discounts to local attractions but they had run out. I have been to better tourist information centres and this place does not promote the area. The staff had limited knowledge of what exactly they had in terms of leaflets and were in fact unaware of the magnificient toll houses in their own area. I was disappointed that the staff were more interested in completing a stock take than encouraging the visitor to see this wonderful town. It was a lazy effort, if any effort was made at all.

Visited December 2013