“third visit but a little bit disappointed with main course this time”
Review of The Waterfront

The Waterfront
Ranked #13 of 455 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant with stunning Waterfront location serving locally sourced fresh products. Fixed price menus available from Sunday to Thursday with an A La Carte menu on offer all week.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

As usual very warm welcome by friendly staff. Really pleasant atmosphere in restaurant . Service was excellent and majority of our party were extremely pleased with their food. Unfortunately two of us ordered steak which did not come up to expectations. Meat was mostly gristle.we did complain and our waitress informed chef. Ten pounds was deducted from Bill but overall two of us were left very disappointed and dubious about returning

Reviewed 3 December 2013

the first night out in two years and a weekend of trawling through the internet to find the perfect menu for your taste to be told as you sit at your table we are not doing that menu tonight sir why was i not told this when booking

1  Thank fatboyroy67
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Once again, this restaurant on Ipswich Marina did not disappoint.
I ate here on a weekday evening with four friends. It was packed full and I was surprised as it was a Tuesday and didn’t expect it. Several people called in hoping to get a table without a booking and were turned away.
I am pleased to say that they have at last added some new items to the menu. As a frequent diner here, it is a shame they do not change the menu more often.
I am Coeliac and the restaurant were advised beforehand. I was pleasantly surprised to be given a menu which the chef had altered to show what I could eat or what could be adapted. This was extremely helpful and meant I didn’t have to keep asking the staff what I could eat.
The staff were on the ball despite being busy which was good.
We ate from the set menu which is £14.50 for 2 courses.
I ordered mussels to start and was very pleased to be given what appeared to be a homemade gluten free bread roll, nicely warmed. I was very happy! It tasted delicious.
For my main course I had pan fried seabass with lobster sauce and parsnip puree. The portion was huge and cooked perfectly. It was served on crushed new potatoes.
A lovely dining experience once again and I am very pleased that they are able to offer some good options for Coeliacs!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Good food, staff excellent, great wine selection, great location. Consistently good, always makes us feel welcome.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Excelent meal enjoyed by all
starters - a little overpriced
mains - good value
sweets - nice choice

a little bit noisy on the night - conversation was difficault at times
some loud party's on other tables ( no fault of restaurant )