“Quick bite”

Ranked #19 of 448 Restaurants in Ipswich
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Was taken in to the pub be a local while visiting Ipswich. Nice pub with a good atmosphere and after a few beers decided to dine in rather than else where. There is a board with lots of specials on and a short menu that covered all tastes.

I decided to have a burger, salad and fries. A simple choice but one that is easy to make a hash of (pun intended). The burger was really taste and the chips excellent. I’ll be back again and will try other things.

3  Thank Spout

Reviewed 15 April 2014

It's been a few years since my last visit to the Greyhound but based on this visit I will be returning in the near future. Great food & beer in a perfect pub atmosphere. Busy but very welcoming.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I met with some old friends to catch up and this was a perfect place for this. They have great ales on-tap and the food is pure quality. We had some humungous battered cods and a delicious beef burger, all at a very fair price. The atmosphere is good and the staff are nice, there is an abundance of outdoor seating and a car park. The pub is a little out of the centre, but only a ten minute walk.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have been to the Greyhound twice and have been really impressed both times :) The first time was with a group of 8 of us... it was a quiet night and we managed to get a big table straight away. The staff were friendly and the food was delicious. I had a slice of rum and chocolate torte- soooo good :)
The second time was on a date with my husband. It was busy and we were offered a place on a table for 6 even though there was a couple on one side. ( or we could have waited at the bar and had a drink while we waited for a table for two) We said yes to sharing and none of us minded and once that couple left we were joined by another couple :) The staff were very friendly we didn't wait to long for the food at all and again it was really good quality :)

I will definitely go back, and would definitely recommend it :)

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Have visited the greyhound several times not for dinners and lunches both midweek and weekend. The service is always friendly, the food is fab and the portions are huge. Try the steak pie!