“We will be back very soon ”
Review of The Brewery Tap - CLOSED

The Brewery Tap
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a lovely Gastro Pub, the new owners took over in October 2009 and have fantastic plans. They only serve locally brewed Bitter and Lager plus a great wine list. Mike is a fantastic chef and the staff are always friendly, smiling and helpful. Lots of space for private parties or meetings. Daily fresh menu with local produce.
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We came here for a friends birthday meal. I'd never been before as I never knew it was here.
The food was amazing I had the prawns for starter followed by the pork belly for main. I had no room for pudding due to the fact I had eaten every scrap off my plate as it was all so yummy.
We will defo be back very soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

there were seven of us and all enjoyed our meals, and staff were very good, as one of our main meals was slightly delayed they were very apologetic and compensated us for this. good atmosphere and well worth trying.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

my partner and i decided last minute to go here for dinner Friday evening and we were not disappointed!
we have visited before and the food has always been lovely.
the menu options always sound really appealing and i am always so tempted to try something new but it is hard to resist the cod and chips everytime when i know how scrummy it is! the mushy peas are amazing! the food is not cheap but it is all homemade and freshly cooked, which is such a welcome change from so many pubs serviced by Brakes!
the service is always excellent and i love the atmosphere of the whole place.
my partner particularly likes the range of beers that are not often available in other places.
there were some annoying drunk women making lots of noise but thankfully we were not sitting anywhere near them (i'm sure this was intentional placement by the staff which was appreciated!) but it is was a Friday night and not exactly a reflection on the place itself!
i would recommend this to anyone for any occassion, i cann;t wait until it gets colder so that they fire is lit inside too!

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We don't live round the corner from this place but we can't go more than a couple of weeks without a visit. My husband and I both work in artisan food businesses so we are used to visiting lots of restaurants for research. This place is a real treat with fantastic, unpretentious meals using unusual ingredient combinations that are completely delicious. Everything I have tried on the menu has been scrummy!
The prices are for pub food but the quality far exceeds that.

1  Thank sarah e
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We went there on a weekend that follow their hosting of the Pickled Egg World Championships, and this the scotch eggs they regularly serve were made with these winning eggs. And boy, the scotch eggs were truly amazing. Chips were great too. Staff really friendly, entertainment on the saturday night, a truly wonderful evening...