“What a wonderful stay”
Review of Creeting House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ipswich
Creeting House
Ranked #4 of 35 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed on business and had breakfast and dinner each night. The food was better than any restaurant could offer. Fresh, healthy and two meals in particular were better than I've eaten in a VERY long time and I've been to Le Manoir recently.
I had to be up extremely early (5am) and was still offered a proper breakfast but after I declined, having no appetite at such times, I was left a selection of things on the table and a goodie tray in the fridge for me to take some things with me to eat later when I was hungrier.
The room was spotless and modern, the building was old and beautifully restored and the views lovely.
I'm recommendind all my collegues stay there for business trips and would love to go back for a romantic weekend sometime.

Room Tip: I was showed round all of them and they are all lovely. Just ask if you need anything in particular...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Creeting House

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed here at the beginning of the month with my sister-in-law the night before a local course we had booked ourselves on. The House itself is beautiful and the gardens are spectacular boasting many listed trees.
The rooms are clean and well appointed, each with a story. We stayed in the suite at the top of the house with a stylish bathroom which is wonderfully quirky ! The whole place was full of nooks and crannies and genuine period features.
Diana and Steve were hosts par excellence, interesting and entertaining, so much so that on our return from our evening meal in nearby Needham Market, at our invitation they joined us for a drink and regaled with tales of running a B&B and also their work in the music business.
Brilliant fun !
Diana's breakfast was a real treat containing locally sourced produce and her lush homemade marmalade was a joy. A fabulous place with equally fabulous hosts. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Suite was perfect for us but f you want a shower instead of a bath then let Diana know when booking
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lucy O
Reviewed 17 March 2013

A wonderful weekend in a beautiful house with the best hosts imaginable. We had a family suite, two bedrooms plus bathroom, which was like a little apartment. Steve and Diana are so friendly and welcoming that they create a very special atmopshere. Food was excellent and the house is both accessible and in the middle of beautiful countryside. Diana is a mine of information about the house and surroundings. There are even possible Bronze Age barrows in the garden! Perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Agree with other reviewers that this is a lovely B&B with an equally lovely host 'Diana'. Very friendly/chatty and helpful ie she posted us a copy of the property guide/supplement from The East Anglian Times before our trip as I had told her we were coming down to look at property in the area!! We stayed in the suite which was quiet as away from the other rooms! Which is what we really wanted! Room was a good size and a nice bathroom etc! Nearby in Creeting ST Mary is the Barn Cafe at Alder Carr Farm which is lovely too and worth a lunch visit for decent fresh home cooked food!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank SharonlondonU.K
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Well, what can I say other than "the friendliest owners in the most perfect setting." I was working in Ipswich (10 miles away) and this was the best location, taking just under 30 minutes. Everything lived up to expectations and I was lucky enough to sample 3 of the rooms during my stay, all of which were lovely. The food, company and conversation was great and I would highly recommend this to anyone. Diana and Steve make the most perfect hosts and I will not only be returning but will remain in touch. The selection of food each week was varied and my love of food has been widened having started as a "pie & chips man" and progressed to many impressive meals...even eating my vegetables. During the summer evenings I was able to explore the wonderful nearby villages but was just as content when dining in the grounds. My 3 course meals were an absolute joy. There are many a hotels closer to Ipswich but why anyone would stay there when compared to CH, I do not know. Long or short term, it really is the perfect venue and it is the ideal place to dine and unwind or party with friends...Diana and Steve will cater to your every needs. The small double room was ample size and with the on-suite was just perfect, overlooking the church.
Look forward to seeing you all again, hopefully with the family.

Room Tip: All rooms had a glorious view and value for money for myself was the small double as I was on my own
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We booked a celebration Birthday Party for 13 guests, 6 of whom stayed the night too. What a beautiful B&B and wonderful hosts, it just couldn't have been better. The food was fantastic and the hosts entertained us and ensured we had everything we needed. The rooms are a delight, large and roomy and elegant, very tastefully furnished with great style. The ensuites are large and it is the type of home anyone would dream of owning. Diana and Steve are so welcoming. I highly recommend this B&B which is really more like a secret hotel.

Room Tip: Any .. they are all superb
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Was last here in March, returned again in July, didn't book as usual last mintute stayover so just turned up and hoped for the best! And as before greeted with a cup of tea, warm welcome and it feels like you're back home, Stayed in the four poster room, beautiful bed, crisp linen, large room spotless as before. Wonderful breakfast, lovely honey direct from the grounds, extra pot of tea warmly welcomed and always so sad to go. This is one place i could visit every month and never tire of the peacefulness, warm welcome from everyone and the feeling that you are more than just a paying guest.

Room Tip: Stayed in the four poster, beautiful, and a double, equally lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
pentahotel Ipswich
The Old Times Guest House
The Station Hotel
The Station Hotel
#30 of 35 in Ipswich

Been to Creeting House? Share your experiences!