“Tedious, dull show” 1 of 5 bubbles

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Tedious, dull show”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We have been enthusiastic followers of Eastern Angles for probably over 20 years but the Bronte show was terrible. The actors struggled with an over-long, unfunny, moribund script - it was embarrassing. The innuendo (which is normally witty and funny) was repetitive, crude, predictable and over-done. The plot (was there one?) was puerile and boring - after a short while I couldn't be bothered to try and follow it. I was in a group of about 12 and we were all disappointed after enjoying the Christmas shows before. Wish I had gone home at the interval as my friend did.
We saw it at the Woodbridge School theatre which is normally fine, although the temporary seating is not very comfortable. We couldn't always hear what the actors said.

Visited January 2014

Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Slightly self indulgent?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Our first trip to the Sir John MillsTheatre - not sure I like the seating arrangements - having the stage in the middle makes for some awkward staging and makes it hard to see everything during the show - but maybe we just didn't have great seats. There were no seats in the bar - which did get very overcrowded - which was a bit of a shame. We felt that the actors were rather self indulgent - if it had been a student production I wouldn't have been surprised but I felt there could have been some tighter script editing. But it was a lively performance and I would give it another try.

Visited December 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A unique and intimate theatre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

The theatre was very small, so that you feel like you are part of the stage. Parking was adequate, although refreshments were limited.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Annabel44
Colchester, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fab Little Theatre!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Lovely venue for small, intimate plays! Perfect seating, good bar & pleasant staff. Went to see a comedy involving a colleague at work and very impressed with their performance and all the characters on stage.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Victoria S
Manningtree, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eastern Angles Theatre Company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have seen mainly Eastern Angles shows plus an evening of Cabaret with Simon Egerton. The standards are high as you might expect from Professionals. Eastern Angles are the pre eminent touring company in the area and tend to open shows here and then tour the area going to village halls and community centres and some cities like Peterborough. The standards are high and the acting superb and the shows usually interesting. A play about John Clare recently was first class - one of he best shows I have seen anywhere.

Visited February 2013