“Relaxed and friendly”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Having eaten here a couple of times, the atmosphere was relaxing. The staff were friendly along with the good service. The food was more than adequate and reasonably priced. The Fish was fresh and perfectly cooked, All the food was. Also a nice pint of Adnams Ghost ship.
All in all well worth a visit if your in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Disappointed with the swan, having been to,p many deben inns before.
Food was good and served quickly. Ordered the Adnams beer battered fish and chips.
Good selection of food.
2 pints of coke for £6 to me is very expensive, be interesting to see how much is charged for beer!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife, daughter and I popped in for a bite to eat late yesterday evening. We'd visited a few of the Deben Inns before and had great experiences but we were yet to visit the Swan.

Upon arrival we could see it was already very busy but were seated promptly at the back of the restaurant near the patio doors. It was a hot evening so it was nice to have the doors open and the atmosphere had a real buzz with people but we were still sectioned off enough to have some privacy.

Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. We received our drinks very quickly and she was helpful enough to give us recommendations on the food. We had some bread and olive oil to share as a starter and I ordered the cromer crab on the specials board as a main.

It was beautifully presented and tasted fantastic. We enjoyed our mains so much we even ordered a dessert which was the eton mess. Again this did not disappoint and was nicely presented.

I have never written a review before but enjoyed my evening so much I felt it necessary. We will definitely be returning to the swan and recommending it to our friends.

2  Thank Geoffrey K
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Having been to most of the other Deben Inn pubs and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, we recently tried The Swan and were not disappointed. The pub is most attractive, the food very good and the service excellent. I would recommend it to everyone and will be making a return visit very soon.

1  Thank Graham W
Reviewed 17 July 2014

me and my partner , took 4 of our friends out for a meal , to say thank you , as they had done a lot of work for us recently .we wanted the evening to be special and we were nt disappointed .the place has a lovely atmosphere, the food was first class, all 3 courses !. the staff we very friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble. we enjoyed the evening so much that we have now planned the make it a regular thing.

1  Thank julia c