“Perfect ”

The Swan
Ranked #26 of 447 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://www.suffolkcamra.co.uk/pubs/pub/1001 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westerfield http://www.wheresbest.co.uk/venue/67992/The-Swan/
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Another great meal at The Swan. Lobster salad, a burger and a child's chicken was fab. Couldn't fault anything. Great staff as always.

1  Thank Melvis69

Reviewed 12 August 2014

After quite a lot of reviews of either love it or hate it, I finally decided to give the Westerfield Swan a go. Visited this Sunday 10th of August for lunch. Menu was OK. Service was efficient and polite. Prices were about average. Atmosphere was OK. That's it. Nothing wrong, but nothing that stood out above average either - in others words, the meal was alright, but nothing in the experience would make you want to return in a hurry. Just your typical pub experience - and that's not a bad thing I suppose - just don't expect anything outstanding.

2  Thank Jason S
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Having eaten here a couple of times, the atmosphere was relaxing. The staff were friendly along with the good service. The food was more than adequate and reasonably priced. The Fish was fresh and perfectly cooked, All the food was. Also a nice pint of Adnams Ghost ship.
All in all well worth a visit if your in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Disappointed with the swan, having been to,p many deben inns before.
Food was good and served quickly. Ordered the Adnams beer battered fish and chips.
Good selection of food.
2 pints of coke for £6 to me is very expensive, be interesting to see how much is charged for beer!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife, daughter and I popped in for a bite to eat late yesterday evening. We'd visited a few of the Deben Inns before and had great experiences but we were yet to visit the Swan.

Upon arrival we could see it was already very busy but were seated promptly at the back of the restaurant near the patio doors. It was a hot evening so it was nice to have the doors open and the atmosphere had a real buzz with people but we were still sectioned off enough to have some privacy.

Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. We received our drinks very quickly and she was helpful enough to give us recommendations on the food. We had some bread and olive oil to share as a starter and I ordered the cromer crab on the specials board as a main.

It was beautifully presented and tasted fantastic. We enjoyed our mains so much we even ordered a dessert which was the eton mess. Again this did not disappoint and was nicely presented.

I have never written a review before but enjoyed my evening so much I felt it necessary. We will definitely be returning to the swan and recommending it to our friends.

2  Thank Geoffrey K