“Indiference by Head office .”

Premier Inn Ipswich (Chantry Park) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I have stayed at Chantry Park in the past as it is close to my family .As always the staff are first class ,I cannot fault any of them ,and I have always felt that it was a safe enviroment as a widow travelling on my own . On this occasion it was a nightmare .Impossible to sleep the two nights I stayed .Constant slaming doors every five minutes or so, into the small hours with their children using the corridors as a playground ,shouting and screaming .The adults were as loud .Women screaming during the night and a fight in the corridor .Frightening ! The fact that it is impossible for you to contact reception from the room makes you very vunerable when you are on your own . Both mornings I complained to Staff at Reception who did seem to be aware of the problem, certainly on the Sunday morning ,and told by them it would be passed on ???????
On my return I immediatly sent a letter to Head Office, but as of today ,four and a half weeks later I have not had the courtesy of a reply .Lenny Henry should have a word .

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Eileen H
VictoriaKemp, Manager at Premier Inn Ipswich (Chantry Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Dear Eileen H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel, we really appreciate the feedback.

I'm pleased to hear you have enjoyed previous stays with us here at Ipswich Chantry Park and have been a regular guest of ours. Thank you for the kind comments about the team here.
I'm very disappointed to hear that on this particular occasion your stay didn't meet the usual expectations.
Please accept my apologies that you are yet to hear back from Head Office in regards to your complaint.
Your comments have been passed on to the team and we will do our best to resolve the issues based on your feedback.
At Premier Inn we do operate our "Good Night Guarantee" at your are more than welcome to contact me to discuss this.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Stayed with the kids for two nights for a wedding . On the first night there was another wedding party staying-"party" being the operative word. Very noisy and woke us VERY early. I was very impressed by the receptionist when I asked to move rooms for the second night she told me that the other guests were checking out and that she would refund our room rate for that night. We could easily have come away vowing never again to stay at Premier Inn but because of their policy and the fact that I didn't even have to ask for a refund we would definitely use this chain again.

Would have given full marks but the breakfast was painfully slow, although good quality and the staff did their best in a packed restauarant.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Tennisbabes

Dear Tennisbabes,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced noise disturbances on the first night of your stay with us. We will try our best to resolve the issue of noise from other guests based on the feedback you have given us.

I'm glad you feel that because of our Good Night Guarantee you would like to stay with us again and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

A clean family room 2 adults + 2 teenage children, we had for 2 nights made it good value.
it was worth paying for breakfast as the kids ate free and the breakfast was good if a little slow arriving (it was a busy morning).
the staff were very helpful - it is not a luxury hotel but for the price clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Room was warm- so open the window when you go out- and if you are tall mind your head on the shower!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank UkCarlos10
VictoriaKemp, General Manager at Premier Inn Ipswich (Chantry Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2011

Dear UkCrlos10,

Thank you for the taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate the feedbackk you have given.

I am please you found the staff helpful and felt that our "All you can eat" breakfast with children eating for free is good value.

We hope to welcome back to Ipswich Chantry Park again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Although Premier Inn offer rooms at £29 if you book early enough, last minute bookings, like mine, are much more expensive. We paid £83 for one night, including 2 full breakfasts.

Reception didn't mention that there was no lift and our room was on the first floor. If we had known we would have asked for a groind floor room.

For some reason, they charge absurd prices for WiFi access! Surely all hotels should provide free WiFi access in every room. This alone will make me think twice about staying at this group of hotels.

Breakfast was exceptionally good. We had the full English breakfast, and this was delicious, with plenty of choice and as many repeats as you wish.

Room Tip: Check which floor you room is, and also WiFi prices
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank David A

Dear BroadstoneDave,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you feel the price you paid for the room was too expensive. The receptionist would have been more than happy to move you to a different room on the ground floor if one had been available. We try to meet our guests needs as well as we can.

I am pleased, however, that you enjoyed our "All you can eat" breakfast.

Many Thanks

Thank you for visiting and we hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn Ipswich Chantry Parkk again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Pleasant green field site, far enough from the A14 to eliminate road noise. Newish build. Clean, well presented room with comforable bed. Good internal soundproofing. Tea and coffee and good choice of TV channels in room. Proper shower with excellent water pressure and plenty of piping hot water at peak time in the morning rush.
In my book that's every box ticked, rarely achieved at any price, at £29 a night, job done.
Happy smiling staff and a decent pub next door is a bonus.
Didn't try the food. We had dined before arrival and i'm not a breakfast person!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pirate859

Dear pirate 859,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we really appreciate your kind comments.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our beds comfortable and staff welcoming. I will pass on your kind comments to the team here and we hope to welcome you back to Ipswich Chantry Park again soon.

Thanks again

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Not much to say its a Premier Inn. Clean and comfortable rooms - looked new with flat TV and shower.
Location good for East Coast we did Aldburgh - Thorpeness Regatta and fireworks (fab) Southwold and Framligham castle (Great with falcons and owls) all around 30 mins away. - Even had a look at Sizewell Power station.
The food at the Beagle is fine and the staff friendly.
The Premier Inn staff were excellent
We didnt breakfast at the hotel as we normally get up pretty late so we headed to Macdonalds on A14 J53 for McMuffins and Pancakes (its a lot cheper too of course)

Room Tip: If you are heading north - east from hear up the A14-A12 then go back through Sproughton to get on a...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank PJ180

Dear PJ180,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to review our hotel, we really appreciate the feedback.

We are pleased our staff service met your expections and I am glad you enjoyed the food at The Beagle, I will pass your comments onto the management there.

We hope we can welcome you back to Ipswich Chantry Park again soon and hope you try our "All you can eat" breakfast.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Arrived at Chantry Park on Friday 5th August 2011 for a wedding the following day at the nearby Hintlesham Hall - From the moment we arrived with the friendly Receptionist and the cleanliness of our room, the courteous staff and the excellent breakfast are to be highly recommended. We had previously booked a table for 8 for the Friday evening at the Beagle Inn adjacent to the Premier and were not disappointed - the food was excellent - recommend you pre-book as they are very busy. Thanks to all at Premier, Chantry Park for our excellent weekend stay.
T & S - South Yorks

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sueTarn
VictoriaKemp, General Manager at Premier Inn Ipswich (Chantry Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Dear sueTarn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found the receptionist friendly and the service standards met your requirements, I will pass your kind comments onto the team.

I will also pass your feedback onto the staff at The Beagle pub, I'm sure they will appreciate your comments.

Thanks once again, we hope to welcome you back to Ipswich Chantry Park Premier Inn again.