“A one-night budget stay in Ipswich”

Premier Inn Ipswich (Chantry Park) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“A one-night budget stay in Ipswich”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Clean and comfy, everything you would expect. Although only a one-night visit
I would recommend this hotel to anybody wishing to visit Ipswich. Friendly and pleasant reception staff. Room a good size, bathroom good size to. On the whole a very good experience. This Premier Inn was recommended too me by someone who stayed elsewhere in Ipswich.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
VictoriaKemp, Manager at Premier Inn Ipswich (Chantry Park) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Dear MartinAH145,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for recommending us.
I am pleased to hear you found our rooms clean and comfortable for your stay with us and glad our Reception team made you feel welcome.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Ipswich Chantry Park again soon.

Many Thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Friendly Staff and a pleasent location, nice rooms and a good nights rest made this an excellent stay. Booking in advance made this excellent value for money.

Well Done Guys !

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
VictoriaKemp, Manager at Premier Inn Ipswich (Chantry Park) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
Dear DistantMidget,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for the kind comments, I'm pleased our room standards and friendly staff met your requirements and that you had a good stay with us. I will be sure to pass the comments on to the rest of the team.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Ipswich Chantry Park again soon.
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The one BIG thing that this Premier Inn lacked was aircon. My, this place was hot, in fact, uncomfortably hot during the night. This wasn't helped by the prison-style windows that only opened by 100mm!! All great for health and safety reasons, but not good for comfort,
Our room was clean, bright and large. So no complaints there. The bed was a tad hard, but better that than spongy.
We decided to have breakfast, which is something I generally would avoid at these places. Actually it wasn't too bad, we both had the 'continental' option and I had little to moan about either quality or pricewise.
The staff were friendly, helpful and in the most part locals which is good to see and hear. Would I stay here again? Yep.

1 Thank Paul H
VictoriaKemp, Manager at Premier Inn Ipswich (Chantry Park) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Dear Paul_Hollyer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry to hear that the rooms were too hot for you during your stay with us and we will try and rectify the issues based on your comments.
I am glad the room standards met your requirements and you enjoyed our continental "All you can eat" breakfast.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back to Chantry Park Premier Inn again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Clean and comfy room. Well designed bathroom and light fittings by the bed mean that you can read without disturbing your partner.
Great breakfast with lovely veggie sausages served by friendly and helpful staff.

Dear Snickup,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about the team and the feedback about the rooms.
I am glad you felt the room standards met your requirements and that you enjoyed the veggie sausages as part of our "All you can eat" breakfast.
We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Chantry Park again soon.

london
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I was in two minds about whether to give this hotel 3 or 4 out of 5.
In the end i went with 4 given the previous 4s that I have given.

Check in was pretty quick and easy.
The room was great- comfy beds, good bathrooms (would've loved a bath but the shower was good), good facilities.

The two main problems we encountered were the heat and the noise.

As we were attending a wedding nearby we were getting ready on saturday morning, and by midday the rooms were unbearably hot. There is a temperature control unit in the room but it did not make a change to the temperature. We checked our friends' room too and theirs was hotter!!

The noise was also a big problem. On 2 nights we couldn't sleep until 2/3 am due to the amorous couple and the sheer amount of noise from the corridor. The noise began again at 7am.
While I know that the hotel can't really control the noise (hence why we didn't complain) i think they'd really benefit from some soundproofing. As I work full time I really could've done with some quality sleep-which neither of us got.

I think if you were to go during the week this may not have been a problem, and the beds were very comfy.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cockneyreggie
VictoriaKemp, Manager at Premier Inn Ipswich (Chantry Park) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Dear Cockneyspillers,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we really appreciate the feedback.

I am very pleased that you found our check-in process easy and the room standards met your requirements.

I apologise that because of the heat and the noise within the hotel you were unable to enjoy your stay fully and we will do our best to resolve the issues you have mentioned based on your feedback.
At Premier Inn we do operate the "Good Night Guarantee" and you are more than welcome to contact me to discuss this.

Many Thanks again
Alcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I have stayed at Chantry Park in the past as it is close to my family .As always the staff are first class ,I cannot fault any of them ,and I have always felt that it was a safe enviroment as a widow travelling on my own . On this occasion it was a nightmare .Impossible to sleep the two nights I stayed .Constant slaming doors every five minutes or so, into the small hours with their children using the corridors as a playground ,shouting and screaming .The adults were as loud .Women screaming during the night and a fight in the corridor .Frightening ! The fact that it is impossible for you to contact reception from the room makes you very vunerable when you are on your own . Both mornings I complained to Staff at Reception who did seem to be aware of the problem, certainly on the Sunday morning ,and told by them it would be passed on ???????
On my return I immediatly sent a letter to Head Office, but as of today ,four and a half weeks later I have not had the courtesy of a reply .Lenny Henry should have a word .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Eileen H
VictoriaKemp, Manager at Premier Inn Ipswich (Chantry Park) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Dear Eileen H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel, we really appreciate the feedback.

I'm pleased to hear you have enjoyed previous stays with us here at Ipswich Chantry Park and have been a regular guest of ours. Thank you for the kind comments about the team here.
I'm very disappointed to hear that on this particular occasion your stay didn't meet the usual expectations.
Please accept my apologies that you are yet to hear back from Head Office in regards to your complaint.
Your comments have been passed on to the team and we will do our best to resolve the issues based on your feedback.
At Premier Inn we do operate our "Good Night Guarantee" at your are more than welcome to contact me to discuss this.

Hertfordshire,UK
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Stayed with the kids for two nights for a wedding . On the first night there was another wedding party staying-"party" being the operative word. Very noisy and woke us VERY early. I was very impressed by the receptionist when I asked to move rooms for the second night she told me that the other guests were checking out and that she would refund our room rate for that night. We could easily have come away vowing never again to stay at Premier Inn but because of their policy and the fact that I didn't even have to ask for a refund we would definitely use this chain again.

Would have given full marks but the breakfast was painfully slow, although good quality and the staff did their best in a packed restauarant.

1 Thank Tennisbabes
Dear Tennisbabes,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced noise disturbances on the first night of your stay with us. We will try our best to resolve the issue of noise from other guests based on the feedback you have given us.

I'm glad you feel that because of our Good Night Guarantee you would like to stay with us again and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.