“A happy New Year stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Ipswich

Novotel Ipswich
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our family had a disastrous Christmas (don't ask), and my daughter phoned round to find us a New Years Party. Novotel fitted us in at the last minute (only three of us). We had no expectations, just relieved to be doing something. BUT WE HAD A GREAT EVENING!!

The event was well organised, staff were very friendly, the meal was excellent. There was a fun casino after the meal, and a brilliant disco. The DJ did a great job and encouraged requests, all of which got played.

There was a lovely atmosphere. We were there for 6-7 hours and the time just flew. Thank you, Novotel, for a great party!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Ipswich.
Newmarket, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

The rooms are very good, modern, clean and comfortable. I find showers vary a lot from hotel to hotel and they make a big difference to me as there's nothing worse than feeling dirty, the one here was very good.
Food was very good too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We decided to stay at the Novotel as a one night off to spend our anniversary in Ipswich as we were visiting anyway.
The hotel charge was 99 pounds for the night and breakfast included.
I can't fault the cleanliness at all, as everything was spotless.
The hotel were however in my opinion charging silly prices for things such as a bottle of water at 2.50 a small bottle. Even cheekier is that you can't simply run a tap water, as it smelt (I didn't have nerve to taste) of sewers essentially giving you no choice but to pay for over priced drinks after hours.
It has a good location close to town, but it is also a very over busy area near a loud noisy road. Our room was looking over a large roundabout as it was and I must have counted around 12-20 loud traffic noises in the first few hours which is highly annoying when you're trying to sleep. The sound was not dulled out very well at all, as I also heard around 5 ambulance/police sirens going off throughout the night.
The bed was comfy at first, but became quite uncomfy throughout the night. Being nearly 7 months pregnant, this was especially irritating for myself and my partner, who was kept awake because of my restlessness..
There was a lot of banging around opposite us, as we were kindly put in a room which had a service room opposite... Bit odd to put us there as hotel wasn't particularly busy?
Also the breakfast was very poor, with a cold fry up which was quite congealed by the time it reached us... They again were also very stingy with the drinks, making the overpriced water tempting yet again.
The room was also very hot in the evening and freezing in the morning, despite the heating....

As I say I can't fault the cleanliness and politeness of most of the staff, excepting one male who was getting very agitated with me as he couldn't understand what I was trying to tell him. I think he may have been french? He quite rudely told me to wait and brought me a native English speaker who also seemed a bit annoyed. I do remember one male at reception being called Zsor? (Russian fella) but he was exceptionally welcoming and warm to us.

I wouldn't come again, just for the little niggled that made our stay a bit disappointing. I've had better at a Holiday inn!

Room Tip: Ask specifically for a room acing away from the road and I don't recommend the breakfasts neithe...