“issues in certain aspects”
Review of Issacs on the Quay

Issacs on the Quay
Ranked #50 of 440 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Ipswich
“issues in certain aspects”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I really like the atmosphere here, staff are generally friendly although the door men are a bit intimidating, I often come here purely for the vibe. However, went bank holiday Sunday when the Queen tribute band were on, they were excellent, brilliant atmosphere, BUT:- ordered a cheese burger, vegi burger and chips off the bbq. OMG i couldn't eat it. Having ordered and paid, we were told there was a wait, which in all fairness was fine as they were very busy. We went back to collect the food 15 mins later. The food wasn't ready but this isn't my issue. I noticed that none of the guys and girl serving were wearing gloves and were touching the raw meat and the cooked food. One guy rubbed his face, checked with his hands to see if a portion of chips that were sitting on the side was still warm, decided they weren't warm enough then promptly put them back in the fryer! The same utensils were being used to serve the meat and the vegi burgers and salad, surely this cannot be correct! We decided to block all this out and eat it anyway, but had 1 mouthful of the cheese burger and couldn't eat anymore! I hope that the management look at this, I know the lady behind us complained to 1 of the guys who was serving and said she was going to complain, I don't know if she did, but I will be contacting Issacs via their website to highlight this. I appreciate it was very busy, but these things are just common sense when handling food. Shame as had a very good day here.

Billericay, United Kingdom
“Lovely Afternoon”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Sat for the afternoon on the Bank Holiday Weekend, enjoyed really good light bites watching the world go by. Tables overlook the beautiful marina. Lovely atmosphere, really buzzing. Really lovely venue!

Visited August 2013
“Cracking venue great service great place!!!!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Working in Ipswich and use this pub a fair bit always great service food is ok it does what it says on the packet so to speak but the venue is sublime what a gorgeous place!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nice place ruined by high prices”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Ipswich and the second time I visited Isaacs. After ordering our drinks I remembered why I didn't stay long the last time. £5.60 for a glass of Luke warm (although it did come out of the fridge) served in a plastic glass. I absolutely hate plastic glasses, especially when they're dirty plastic with the remains of the previous users lipstick. That said staff were very friendly.

Visited August 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Has gone downhill with food and service”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I recently visited Isaacs with my mate to have a lunchtime drink and get some lunch to take away.

The service at the till was very good we were served very quickly.

The cafe service however was extremely poor and the food menu was non-existent.

Once I opened the take-away box I was shocked to discover a tiny sausage and a small portion of chips and tiny portion of salad.

The quality of the meal was very poor which was disappointing as when I have ordered food in the past it has been very good and the portion size was considerably larger and the salad was more appetizing.

This was very disappointing as the prices have gone up and quality of food and portion size has gone down!

I would recommend Isaacs for a nice drink however when it comes to the food, save your money and go somewhere else.