“Lovely food, good service”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #130 of 488 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a restarant that have been serving high quality indian food for 50 years for the good people of Ipswich. We provide a service that we hope you will be happy with, our knowledge of food has only increased since we have opened. Hopefully we will see you at our restaurant. Thank you :)
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

We booked a table at Taj Mahal for 8 people. It was a lovely atmosphere with delicious food!! The service was very good too! I would highly recommend this for a nice quiet curry.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

Not been here for a while, took my wife for the first time and she loves her Indians. Greeted by a special mixed pickle with our poppadoms, the best sag aloo ive ever tasted and maon courses were great. Wife asked why ive never brought her here before...!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 10 May 2016

I should probably preface this review by admitting I've been eating the Taj's food since I was about 4 (not quite 30 years, but close enough) so it might be that I'm used to the taste...however... This is one of my favourite currys in the town. Whenever I want takeout curry, I want it from the Taj. My family and I have tried many others, but have always come back to the Taj for good quality and quantity. Now I'll admit that it can be different on a Sunday from a Thursday night (you see, I have even tested different nights PURELY to offer a reasoned review...) and occasionally we have had a below-par meal. But VERY occasionally. (I could probably count the number of times on one hand.) It could be down to the chef, but I haven't managed to pin down who's good and who's bad... (although I'm willing to try, purely for science...) Their onion bharjees are The Best. Always dip in the raitha.
Basically, I would say give it a go more than once. Not everyone will love it, but I do.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

again enjoyed very much top class food n service restaurant been there for fifty years nothing more to say 10/10

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 16 March 2016

i been eating curry for 40 years i been recomended to go taj mahal by a friend very warm welcome by mintu i asked him to choose a main dish for me n he did its was the greatest i ever tryed name of dish bengal special best food best waiter mintu best restaurent in ipswich

Date of visit: January 2016