“A little Gem!”

Innocence Rooms
Ranked #2 of 36 Ipswich B&B and Inns
“A little Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I found Innocence Rooms from a recommendation by another hotel owner who was full, and I'm so glad that I did! I was looking for somewhere for close family and friends to stay before and after my daughter's wedding. The place was just perfect. We hired all 6 of the rooms, and it can only be described as an extremely comfortable, welcoming, friendly house party. We had a wonderful time - the standard of furnishing is excellent, the breakfast is fabulous (I missed out on the Saturday, as I stayed overnight with my daughter, but more than made up for it on the Sunday!), and Susie and Steve are warm and welcoming and also very efficient.
I took wine and nibbles for the Friday night - and the Chinese takeaway just across the road, supplied our supper, which a number of us ate in the well appointed garden.
I really can't recommend this highly enough - our group ranged in age from 17-92, and everyone said they couldn't fault it. Excellent accomodation at an affordable price - and ideal if all the family want to get away together.

Room Tip: The Studio, with it's little sun lounge is delightful. Also the suite, with disabled facilities...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
cheshire UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

A beautifully furnished home, with comfortable beds, crisp white linen and soft white towels. We stayed in The Studio a large room with king size bed and 2 singles with ensuite and small adjoining sun lounge. The well equipped kitchen facilities are available for guests use and complimentary soft drinks and biscuits are provided. Breakfast was delicious with fruit, croissants and ham and eggs amongst other things to choose from. Susie and Steve are charming hosts and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I completely echo previous reviews - the owners have a brilliant idea here. The independence factor of being able to let yourself in and out and have access to the kitchen etc is great. Very peaceful place to hang out if you are there or base to explore the area.

Rooms are furnished to a very high standard - I travel with business a lot and have stayed in some of the top 5* hotels - innocence rooms completely exceeded my expectations of a B&B. This was helped by being brand new of course (I believe less than 2 months since first opening).

The owners themselves are very friendly and welcoming when you do see them in the morning (I arrived late in the evening) - and were completely understanding of an error in my own booking for which I was very appreciative.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

innocence rooms was stunning, the bedrooms were lovely and the bathroom and kitchen was excellent. It was very peacefull and relaxing place to stay, the couple who own this are very lovely people and made us very welcome.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

My partner and I stayed here overnight to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. We had a very warm and friendly welcome, and even a brief tour of this absolutely stunning bed and breakfast! The only words that came from our mouths were, "WOW!" AND "STUNNING!". I am very fussy when it comes to hotel bathrooms, but all i had to say about the bathrooms at Innocence Rooms was complimentary and positive. The bedrooms and bathrooms were designed with a very good eye for detail, stylish and elegant, with a very high spec finish. It was like a home from home!
After a comfortable nights sleep we were full of more "wows" when we were presented with a wonderful buffet breakfast, which we ate in the relaxing surroundings of the garden.
Everything about our stay here was truely wonderful and we will definately be back!!
francesca & anthony :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ebony room, but they all looked realy stunning!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

This is the first time I have been moved to write a review... an absolute genius idea - and one which I hope catches on around the country. It is the future of the B&B ... more like a boutique hotel with beautifully decorated rooms, fabulous kitchen (with all mod cons and complementary food) and secluded garden with the ability to come and go as you please. Very friendly owners. It was an absolute pleasure and we will definitely be back! I cannot recommend it highly enough! The website actually doesn't do it justice would you believe!

Room Tip: Fantastic!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Excellent accommodation, clean comfortable and run by very friendly people.

Room Tip: all rooms are of an excellent standart
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family