“One Night in Ipswich”

Ranked #2 of 35 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Silsden, United Kingdom
“One Night in Ipswich”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I booked this accommodation quite late in the day through Late Rooms and although I was really only fleetingly there, No regrets whatsover. I liked the concept of a 'help yourself' kitchen with tea, coffee and biscuits and the whole place was immaculately clean. I had to be off quite early on Sunday morning and couldn't stay for the breakfast but what I saw being prepared would have more than satisfied my appetite. The room was lovely, very well appointed and a modern flat screen television on the wall. The shower room was possibly a little cramped but this is to be expected in modern en-suite B&B type places but it served its purpose.
If anyone in Ipswich is looking for a place to stay that is handy for Foxhall stadium, this is just the one you need. It took me 20 minutes to walk over there leaving the car parked at the accommodation.
To the owners of Innocence Rooms, what a great concept you have come up with and If I get back to Ipswich again for my motor racing, you will be my first port of call.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Pewter room which was just of the kitchen area. Still, very quiet and very private.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SteveEssex_UK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Hampshire
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We have just stayed at the Innocence Rooms in Ipswich to attend a family birthday party. I booked 3 rooms and all were fitted out beautifully. My family were thrilled.
We used tripadvisor to find this b and b in the first place and were very glad that we did.
The way it works is that a bungalow has been refitted to a very high standard with 6 b and b rooms (one is a suite) all with ensuite bathrooms.
There is a shared kitched that you can use whenever you like with goodies - biscuits, fruit, cheese, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and milk.
Everyone morning, staff come in to lay out a help yourself buffet - although this is cold, it does include really delicious ham and eggs.
There is a very comforable conservatory to sit in with magazines.
This is b and b at a 5 star hotel standard and it's very efficiently run by the owner.
We were spread out throughout the building, but all enjoyed a very comfortable, good night's sleep. In fact the bed was more comfortable their my own at home!

Room Tip: Although this b and b is on quite a busy road, we did not get disturbed by traffic noise in any of t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I had the most fabulous (and I mean fabulous!) pleasure of staying at the Innocence Rooms over a 9 month period whilst on business in Ipswich and I could not have asked for a more comfortable and homely place to wake up to each morning and to return to each evening. On a couple of occasions, I stayed at other hotels in the area and they just didn't compare - finding myself always looking forward to returning to the Innocence Rooms.

The aroma of freshness greets you as you enter any one of the most elegantly decorated rooms and conveys a delightful serenity for you to have the cosiest of nights in the comfiest of beds. Susie, Stephen and Sally, always had an eye on how they could improve those little things further to make your stay even more pleasurable. A very guest focused service from all, especially from Shannon and Sarah who were there each morning with breakfast, a smile and a good conversation to set you up for the day. I'll miss my grapefruit!

The availability of the kitchen facilities to guests is a real inspiration and unique selling point for this place. To not have to find somewhere to eat each evening nor have to eat alone in public night after night is relieving.

The Innocence Rooms have the highest of my recommendations and it really will be your loss if you choose elsewhere to stay in the Ipswich area.

If you need a snack or sandwich for the day, try Julian and Fiona's 'CC's Sandwich Bar' around the corner. Yummy!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Tring, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have just stayed here on a weekly basis for several months. The rooms are warm, spacious and tastefully furnished and the housekeeping is excellent. The bathrooms are of a standard equal to top range hotels. The location is quiet, safe and very convenient for the centre of Ipswich or if visiting or working at the local hospital. Parking is easy. The kitchen, conservatory and garden are all delightful places to spend time in. The owners and the staff, whilst unobtrusive, make every guest personally welcome each morning and are attentive at all times to ensure that guests have everything they need during their stay. The kitchen is very well equipped to cook or eat your own supper and there is a good selection of provisions for late arrivals and a wide range of fresh food to select from at breakfast.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet, and have either a bath/shower or shower unit.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed with my partner in the studio room only last week and we absolutely loved it. we didn't want to come home! It was so cosy, and our room was so cute, we had our own conservatory to which added to the experience, as we could sit with the garden surrounding us. We loved how we could cook our own food, and bring food in. A great place to stay!

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights and was amazed at how lovely the place was!
I really liked how it is an unmanned residence but there is still lots of interaction with the friendly owners.
I took a look in all the rooms during my stay and they are all beautifully yet simply decorated and spacious.
I slept wonderfully and even though i dont think the mattresses are memory foam i couldnt have moved a muscle as after i had a shower in the morning i looked at the bed and u could still see where i had been lying.
The shower was also really good and the bathrook was clean. The only think i could suggest here would be to have mini shower gels and conditioner. (There is shampoo.)
The buffet breakfast had a nice range of food to choose from and the option to make your own eggs just how you like them.
The kitchen facilities were fabulous - they honestly have absolutely everything u want there!
There is also a lovely conservatory area to interact with other residents or just to chill out.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
Norwich
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My colleague and I stayed here recently when we needed last minute accommodation. Both our rooms were beautifully designed and very attractively named - Ebony and Ivory. The rooms were big, had everything you could possibly need and really lovely bathrooms. The only little negative was that, for me, the bed was too firm, but I often find that in hotels and B & Bs these days!

We loved the fact that you can use all the facilities as if it is your own home. Huge kitchen, conservatory and pretty garden.

Really good buffet style breakfast and it made a great change from the usual fry up. However, pots and pans were readily available if you wanted to cook something up.

We bought a takeaway from the Chinese immediately opposite and it was great to be able to take that back to the Innocence Rooms and sit at one of the tables in the kitchen, with proper plates etc to eat it.

When we met Stephen, the owner, in the morning, and the other staff, they were very friendly and welcoming. We would highly recommend this B & B and if we need to stay overnight in Ipswich again, we will be coming here.

Room Tip: Ivory room was upstairs at the back of the house and therefore quieter, although Ebony was a lovely...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business