Innocence Rooms
  • Pool
US$158
US$152
Salthouse Hotel
Travelodge Ipswich Capel St Mary(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$57
Travelodge
US$77
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Ipswich South Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$74
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Ipswich South East Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
All reviewshome from homelovely conservatorylarge kitchendoor codestayed herenew conceptown mealsstyle breakfastan excellent place to staylonger stayall mod consother guestsbusiness trippleasure of stayingbed and breakfastbig roomyogurt
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We have never stayed anywhere quite like this. We were visiting the area for a family wedding and this "Hotel" was recommended by the potential groom. We were waiting on the cross channel ferry to disembark when the owner telephoned us on our mobile phone to enquire when we would be arriving, and to give us the code for the front door, and to tell us which room we were in and that the key would be in the door. I assured him that we would arrive around lunchtime, but he said that he would probably not be there.
As I have already said that we have never stayed anywhere quite like this and as it had been recommended I never investigated or researched the "Hotel" and it came as surprise to find that it was a bungalow. The door code worked, and the key was in the door of a very pleasant and comfortable room. No one else was in the building and we checked out the rest of extremely well furnished and appointed building including the great kitchen and dining area linked to luxurious and comfortable conservatory opening onto the immaculate garden.
In the morning the kitchen had been transformed into a breakfast room for the client to prepare their own breakfast from the more that adequate selection of products available. This was when we met Stephen who introduced himself as the owner and reinforced his invitation to treat the place as our own home, even advising that we could invite our family members for lunch if we wished.
A wonderful find and I wish them well with their "home from home" venture. Oh and by the way if you don't want to utilise their fully equipped kitchen there is a Chinese and also an Indian takeaway just across the road.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArroyoResident
Reviewed 21 July 2013

It's rare to come across a hotel that is perfect in every way but Innocence rooms is the exception. All those 5* reviews you've read are 100% correct.

Right from the initial ‘phone contact to leaving after our stay, everything was as good as it could have been. Susie and Stephen are charming, friendly, efficient and professional.

We were in the Studio, which is large, comfortable, beautifully equipped and immensely comfortable. In a word, it’s fabulous. Although easily large enough to house another two or three guests, the room manages to be very cosy. The bed is large with a good firm mattress.

The room has plenty of windows so it nicely light and airy. Once dark, the electric light is stylish and homely. There’s a very comfortable sofa in front of the television, with lots of cushions.

The bathroom is very well equipped with a high pressure shower and some lovely toiletries.

The communal kitchen is very well equipped with plenty to help yourself from in the evening. At breakfast there’s everything you could wish for. We had simply cereal and toast as we were in a hurry but there was a large selection from which to choose.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Innocence Rooms to anyone looking for either a single night or a longer stay. It’s really very very nice.

Room Tip: We were in the Studio, which was delightful. I didn't see any other rooms though.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I'm always a bit worried about staying in B&Bs and will tend to book hotels instead. However, I saw the reviews and they're right. This is a lovely B&B, and the staff are so friendly and helpful (Suzie is lovely!). My favourite part was the decor in the room we stayed (Ebony room), which was gorgeous. The bathroom was spacious, as was the bedroom, and everything was just so easy. As you've read, there's access to the kitchen and it's contents, and it's much like a home from home, there's not any awkwardness like I expect from B&Bs! I would recommend Innocence rooms unreservedly!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We have just stayed at the Innocence Rooms in Ipswich and cannot rave about them enough. We have been on a road trip around Scotland and England for the last four weeks and this is the best accommodation we have had, and we have had plenty of good ones. The set up is great, with the whole house available to you and the other guests. This includes a huge kitchen with all the facilities and with an invitation to eat any food you find. There is a beautiful conservatory and outdoor furniture in the lovely garden. Our room was huge and beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean. Suzie, the owner was lovely. It is on a reasonably busy corner and we were worried that it might be noisy. But that wasn't the case and we slept very well. I would definitely recommend it to everybody.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Just got back from 2 nights in this lovely B&B.

We were unable to say bye to the owners as we were in a rush but I would love to compliment them on a well thought out B&B!

The rooms are clean, comfortable and fresh! The kitchen was huge and had all the amenities available. I loved being able to make myself a brew with fresh milk 24/7!!

When I next visit Ipswich I will definitely stay again.

All staff/owners an absolute delight! From someone who usually dislikes a stay in a B&B - Thank you for a hassle free stay!!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Ebony room. This is at the very front of the property with a hall way on to the kitchen and front door. If you are a light sleeper I would try to avoid this particular room. However, this cannot be helped and they had certainly done their best to shield you from the noise. Kitchen door shut during breakfast times. Blinds and curtains to block out road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple