“Sunday carvery”

Brewers Fayre Swallow
Ranked #240 of 443 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Sunday carvery”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Went for lunch on Sunday and had a good day it's the kind of place that caters for everyone they seem to get a good crowd lots of family's lots of kids from babies to toddlers to teenagers now I don't want this to turn into a book so this is what I think if you want a place to have a nice family day out with good food or if want it a bit quieter then the seem to cater for that too a seated area where I didn't see any kids and it seemed relaxed with mostly couples you even have what I would call a mans area at the right hand side as you first come in nice to see a place in ipswich that in my opinion caters for a wide range of people so well done and please keep the hard work up and please don't let the standards slip I would recommend booking in advance for the quieter area and the rest come early to get a place in what ever part you choose it did start to get a bit quieter at about five thirty as you could see the family's starting to leave .

• Visited April 2013

“Cold meals, poor service. Worst dine-out experience”
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

A party of 20+ dined at the swallow this evening as a family get together. On arrival we were sat down at our table. We were then left in the corner to get our own drinks.
After a short period of time the starters arrived. The prawn cocktail i had was very nice however another member of our party said the bread was stale.
We then proceeded to wait a long time for our main course. Slowly they arrived by a bemused and disinterested waiter. After everyone began to eat, it came to almost everyones attention that our meals were cold. The same waiter as before came back to our table and asked of everything was ok. He was then told that our meals were all cold but we would continue to eat them. He appeared to grunt and walk off.
After our mains had been cleared we were left a very long time before a waitress came over to see if we would like our pre-ordered desserts. It then took even longer for the desserts to come out. It took a good 20 minutes to receive all of our last courses, and even then the hot desserts were just as cold.
I myself often dine out with friends and Unfortunately to say, this meal hadnt been very enjoyable. The staff seemed to be very disinterested and unaware as to what was happening with our table. Its safe to say we will not be returning.
Very dissapointing.

Ipswich
“Good All Round Service”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I go to the swallow on a bi-monthly basis for lunch either on my own or with my parents, and it never dissappoints. Good tasty food, excellent service, unlimited tea or coffee (I love tea) and parking is pretty good. I normally go there aroung 2pm as it is pretty quiet and get served quite quick. The only negative point is the portions are a little small for the prices charged so have to order a side to make up for it which costs more.

But all-in-all a very good pub restaurant not very far from where I live in east Ipswich!

• Visited March 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Have been to The Swallow many times.Food service and prices are all first class..Plenty of parking space.Never have to wait too long for food.They also do theme nights mon-fri.

• Visited February 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“recent visit”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

A friendly welcome by attentive staff. Easy ordering and very quick service. Varied pub grub menu at reasonable prices. Only slight criticism is the practice of providing unlimited coffee, there is a limit to how much you want or can drink and at the price charged is very expensive for a one cup need. Having said that the two for £11 offer on meals during the day make this a good place to visit and eat.

• Visited March 2013