“FRIDAY NIGHT FISH AND CHIP NIGHT”

Brewers Fayre Swallow
Ranked #239 of 443 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“FRIDAY NIGHT FISH AND CHIP NIGHT”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Friday night Fish and Chip night is really good value for money as you are able to make as many return visits to the buffet as you like. The food was all very nice tasting but at times the buffet had hardly any food there and you often have to hang around waiting for staff to bring out fresh supplies. Even the chips had run out at one stage and we had to wait around 10 minutes for some new chips to come out, and even then there was only one plate full.
However, the most disappointing thing is that there is a serious problem with staffing, or lack of it. This was a Friday night around 7pm and there was just one person behind the bar responsible for all the food orders and all the drinks. This is totally inadequate for any day of the week but this a Friday night when surely a place like this should be marketing itself and trying to bring in more customers. As I said the food was very nice and we were full when we left but when you pop up the bar for a drinks refill half way through your dinner you may have to wait 15 minutes to get served. Fortunately, as it was a buffet I could get another portion of hot food. Overall, worth a visit, but improvements could certainly be made.

• Visited May 2014

Ipswich
“Ok if you like that sort of thing”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Poor menu, Very slow and understaffed. Childrens menu is boring. It's one level up than going to a Fastfood joint.

Visited January 2014
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Better Than Last Visit”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were returning after the appalling visit we had in December, we had been sent vouchers to compensate us. I had phoned a week before and booked a table. On arrival they hadn't got our booking, not a good start, they panicked to find a table and we were offered adult tables even though we had children with us. The manager who had only just arrived from her restaurant in Essex was trying really hard to ensure we were ok. The service was better than last time but the food wasn't anything special. We went back to spend our vouchers and give the restaurant another try. I am sorry to say we won't be going back.

• Visited May 2014
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Good food, helpful staff”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Turned up to a very busy restaurant and it looked like we wouldn't be able to get a seat. We asked whether we would be able to sit in the adult dinning area as we had children with us and it was as good as empty and the waiter went away and got the manger. Who confirmed that the 9 of us would be able to. We all ordered and all the food was served together (minus 1 little forgotten side dish of mushrooms, which was hastily brought out) when finished the table was cleared fairly quick ish and we ordered dessert which again came to all 9 of at the same time. The food was very tasty and the desserts were delicious... We will visit here again

1 Thank Scott3008
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Filth”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Went here on Sunday at 12:00 for lunch with the family. we left by 12:40. This is the most filthy Brewers I've been into, and I've done a few. Our table still had remnants of the night before. Our chairs also carried over some crusty looking remnants from a previous sitting. Now bear in mind we walked in at 11:55 so we should be the first sitting. Our two menus had to be unstuck due to again remnants of another meal. The menu holder I spelt my name on, due to the build up of dust. to top of it, when I picked up the pepper, my fingers became covered in brown sauce that had stuck the salt, and pepper together. When we took a bite of the Roast Potato they were still frozen, that was enough for us. It's fine having friendly staff, but its better to have CLEAN friendly staff. An absolute disgrace, the Manager, and his deputies should be hauled over the coals. lest remember this was opening time. My only saving grace was that I used vouchers from my Bonus Points, though it cost me over £40 of them.

• Visited April 2014