Holiday Inn Ipswich
Hotels.com
pentahotel Ipswich(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Restaurant
Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$90
US$177
US$168
Salthouse Hotel
US$127
US$100
Travelodge Ipswich Capel St Mary(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
US$90
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Ipswich South Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$77
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Ipswich South East Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
All reviewslondon roadswimming poolhealth clubpark and ridesteam room and saunabit datedreception staffblack puddingplenty of parkingbar areaan upgradeleisure facilitieswould stay againsofa bedroom was clean and comfortabletea and coffeestayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here since it's near my parents house. Seems more like a place to stay for business than pleasure although the breakfast buffet is pretty good as long as you don't leave it too late (things run out). Gym is OK - pool a bit small (not really for laps) and as seems usual it's a sports club too so often quite busy.

Does have good A/C which was very nice during the heatwave. Not located near anything walkable. Bar is a bit limited. Beds not super comfy. Bathrooms very tight on space but well appointed. Our bathroom door would not close (warped door) though. Expensive coffee (regular filter coffee was 3.50GBP!).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Warx,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast options. However, I am sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We spent a Sunday evening in this hotel whilst visiting haunts old and new in Suffolk.

The hotel is very easy to find (always a bonus after a long journey) and the welcome was both friendly and professional.

The room was clean and comfortable with a good view of surrounding countryside and provided everything we needed.

As we had eaten a large lunch we decided to have sandwiches and a bottle of wine in the bar in the evening and this was served promptly at our table by a barman who was pleasantly chatty and shared useful local knowledge. The food and wine were just what we needed and excellent value. It was particularly useful to have the flexibility to eat in this way rather than being forced into a restaurant for a large meal we didn't need.

Breakfast was included in our deal and was also very acceptable though had we paid the £15 per head asking price we would have considered this excessive for what was on offer.

Given the negative comments about the food read in previous Trip Advisor reports we were pleasantly surprised and will certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear 999KenV,

Many thanks for posting such a great review about the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I travel alot with work and mostly stay within the holiday inn chains. After a long drive arrived at 9pm last night to a lovely warm welcome and a very comfortable and quiet room. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff there who were especially accommodating looking after my fussy requests for salad and fruit in the restaurant.
Hope I have to stay again for a nice relaxing night.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Scubydoo,

Wow - Five stars !!

Thank-you for your review.

I am pleased you had a great stay, and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Ipswich last weekend as I was attending a Motor Sport Weekender at Foxhall Stadium. I booked a standard room but was upgraded to an executive. Room was great, hotel bar was good too - will be staying again next year, so cant wait to book up! Well done and thankyou!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank BD070
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear BD070,

Thanks for your review. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us, and we will look forward to your return next year.

Don't forget, by booking direct, we guarantee the best price !!

Thank-you again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights in june over a weekend to attend a family wedding and also the mcbusted concert in chantry park.
Location wise this hotel was perfect, just out of the city centre, close to the main A12 and only 5 minutes walk from chantry park.There is ample parking for guests, the front of reception parking area always seemed rammed but there is also parking available to the far side and rear of the hotel which was always empty.

The hotel is pretty old and could do with a freshen up, but it has everything you need. We were upgraded to an executive room after the hotel took full payment in error a few months prior to our stay. The check in process was quick and easy, very friendly receptionist. The room was pretty small but again, had everything we needed. Plenty of cups, tea, coffee, hot choc etc. We were also provided with 24 hour wifi access for all 3 of our devices, and were told they would be renewed once expired (however they were not, a different receptionist informed we could only have 4 hour access for 1 device)

My husband and son used the restaurant for dinner, but were not too impressed. My husband said his burger was awful and he couldnt eat it, was quite pricey too. They did have breakfast, which they said was just ok.

We did use the swimming pool which was a good size, although the chlorine was extremely strong, so much so that it felt like my skin was burning.

The main reason for me not giving a 5 star rating is that I had to venture down to reception at 11.30pm one night to get clean towels, we had returned to the hotel that evening to find that the cleaner had taken the dirty ones and not left replacements. I then had to wait for someone to bring them up to the room, they were very apologetic though.

Overall i would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tinasprout,

Thanks for the great review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you enjoyed the concert too.

Thanks for letting us know about the towels, and I am pleased to let you know that as from 1st July, all of our IHG Rewards members get free wifi for the duration of their stay !

Thanks again for the review, and we hope to see you again.