“Wonderful and Simple”

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Charlotte, NC
“Wonderful and Simple”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I think people reviewing this hotel poorly may simply have lofty expectations. Perhaps I saw a fairly priced hotel close to downtown and assumed it would be seedy so I'm pleasantly surprised. I love my quaint little room and they make you a freaking home cooked from scratch breakfast every morning of practically whatever you want! I'm a vegetarian and they had plenty of options for me. Overall, i would definitely stay here again. Everyone is so nice and unobtrusive. Some things in my room didn't work, like the kettle, but they were immediately attended to. I think the key to staying here is just relax and say something if you need anything. I am quite happy.

Room Tip: Be sure to book early and if you don't mind sharing a twin bed, go for a single room.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank RealToolz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Overall my experience in this hotel was fair. It's quite run down and badly needs a lick of paint and a good clean. I paid £39 (pay at check in) for 1 night which included a cooked breakfast. Pros - Friendly and helpful staff, free parking and wifi. Cons - not particularly clean, bed wasn't great and expensive for what you get. I would recommend this hotel to someone who is not that fussy.

Room Tip: Get a room out back noisy road out front
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bayside101

Travellers are raving about these Ipswich hotels

Bolton, England
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We were very dubious about our booking after reading most of the other reviews but we were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Our room was no. 7 and looked and smelt lovely and clean. The carpet and beds were new and the bedding was clean and fresh. There was a very well stocked tea tray and an ensuite bathroom with shower overhead.

We had a good breakfast with choice of fruit, cereal, porridge, and full cooked - all of which was lovely.

The owner couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful - even offering a lift in the evening if it was raining.

We are very glad we stayed here and would recommend it to friends.

For budget accommodation it fits the bill perfectly and is very good value for money at £54 for a twin room inc breakfast.

Oh, there is free wi fi too.

The hotel is in a brilliant location, just 5 mins walk from the town centre and 20 mins walk from Henley Sports Centre.

• Stayed May 2011
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Very welcoming, 5mins to town centre. Lovely old building, clean & tidy. I stayed in Room 14 (single room). Spacious, has own bathroom with shower, tea/coffee facilities & a microwave (ideal if you were on business & home late).

• Stayed May 2011
Stockholm
Reviewed 3 May 2011

My starting point is that I pay £24,5 a night. For that I get off street parking, an above average full English breakfast and a central location (only a three minute walk from the city center). Fair enough. The host son I think, is a good man, the other guests no different than at other hostels. My bed linen was fine and so was the room. Our room was towards the street but it was no problem sleeping with an open window. Reading the reviews on here I was a bit sceptical staying here but this b&b is as good as any for £24,5 a night. Deal with confidence.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Very central B&B near the city centre and Portman Road. Nice full English breakfast. The room wasn’t that clean and the carpet disgusting. I don’t think they change the linens after every guest, found some nasty hair on it. I wouldn’t stay here at winter time, the window had no insulation and the street noise was pretty loud (thank God for earplugs).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Budget does not even come close. This place is grim. It is mainly occupied by benefit claimants waiting to be housed. People who run it are a joke, clueless. Food is awful, all cooked the eve before and reheated. Three stars my butt. That sign that says 3 stars was obviously stolen from another establishment. Buy a tent before you consider staying here.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business