“Nice place”
Review of O Portugues

O Portugues
Ranked #19 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Ipswich
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Nice place with lots of tasty foods, as well as groceries. It would go a long way if the staff were paying attention to costumer service; which at the moment is not that good.

3  Thank CC_Wolf

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Spacious portuguese cafe, very popular with the local community, both portuguese and otherwise. A good selection of cakes and snack as well as excellent coffee, all at very reasonable prices. They also have a small shop at the back selling portuguese food and drinks.

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

This is a really cool cafe, coffee and Portuguese desserts in the day and some Portuguese beer in the evening. The coffee is good and the prices are reasonable. Best Portuguese cafe in Ipswich

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Super friendly staff & customers, had one of the best coffees i've ever had, just superb! The food looked & tasted really nice, the doughnutty thing we had was excellent!

1  Thank 65FordFalcon
Reviewed 20 June 2015

I went to visit my parents in the UK and on a trip into town we passed the coffee shop in the car. My mother, my son and I decided to check it out. The decoration was nicely done and the counter had all the foods and drinks just like the cafes at home in Portugal. The coffee wasn't bad, coffee to the Portuguese is like tea to the British. I am used to the strong coffees of Portugal and find it hard to get something similar in coffee shops in the UK. I think we were the only British in there. It clearly was a local gathering place for the Portuguese Ex-pats. We ordered a white coffee (meia de leite) and a pastel de nata. I was impressed with the prices as cheaper than most coffee shops. They had Portuguese tv on so I caught up on the local news from home.. I know where I will be taking my Portuguese husband on my next UK visit with him!