I booked a night at the Salthouse for my husband and I as a surprise to celebrate our twentieth wedding anniversary. From start to finish it was an absolute delight. Charming reception staff, a stunning location, a beautiful room overlooking the marina and great ambience. As exhausted and overworked parents of three young children, we found the experience of lying on a bed watching tv and sipping tea almost unbearably enjoyable.
We had breakfast in bed the next morning - oh the joy! - and enjoyed every delicious mouthful. When we checked out, our car had been brought round to the front of the hotel.
We loved it. I can't recommend the Salthouse highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This artfully designed boutique Hotel and Restaurant in Suffolk reflects luxury and dazzles in the waterfront of Ipswich's vibrant Harbour quayside at night. The Salthouse Harbour Hotel goes beyond what you expect and exudes its 4 star status in every curious corner, eccentric sofa and unstuffy cushion. The sea-salted brickwork exterior has been restored & rejuvenated into a ship shape contemporary warehouse of rich modern interiors and rooms adorned with vintage furniture, sculptures and eclectic art. Within its comfy chic decor, although the mood is friendly and relaxed, the staff are professionally attentive to your every need. The cuisine is exciting and the popularity of the Salthouse Eaterie fills this delightful waterfront restaurant as soon as the tables are laid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Salthouse Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salthouse Harbour Ipswich
- Hotel Salthouse Harbour
- Salthouse Harbour Hotel Ipswich, Suffolk