“A perfect stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“A perfect stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked a night at the Salthouse for my husband and I as a surprise to celebrate our twentieth wedding anniversary. From start to finish it was an absolute delight. Charming reception staff, a stunning location, a beautiful room overlooking the marina and great ambience. As exhausted and overworked parents of three young children, we found the experience of lying on a bed watching tv and sipping tea almost unbearably enjoyable.

We had breakfast in bed the next morning - oh the joy! - and enjoyed every delicious mouthful. When we checked out, our car had been brought round to the front of the hotel.

We loved it. I can't recommend the Salthouse highly enough.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LynnCowan, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Ruth

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay. I was delighted you read that your 20th wedding anniversary was relaxing and enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to The Salthouse Harbour Hotel for your next anniversary.

With Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

If you are in Ipswich then pay the extra and stay here. In room 509. A large spacious room with an amazing view over the marina. The room is clean, well furnished, quiet and the bathroom is amazing.

The bedroom is a good size with large patios doors onto a small balcony. You can spend hours witting in comfortable chairs looking out across the marina, watching the boats come and go. And if you order Champagne and strawberries, it makes it even more special. We even slept with the curtains open to watch the sunrise!!

In the bathroom there is a large walk in shower and a bath in which you have a view across the bedroom and the marina. Or you can make the glass go frosty at the touch of the button if you want you privacy!! The beds are large, the décor slightly strange but fun. Statues of dogs either side of the bed with lampshades on their head!!

The staff are all very helpful and friendly. Check in was quick and easy. I had asked for a room on the top floor as far away from the pub next door as possible and that is what I got. There is also parking next to the hotel if you are there early enough all though this can get full up.

Breakfast is a good choice and tasty.

The hotel is located on the waterfront, 5 minutes from the centre of Ipswich, 10 minutes from the Cinema and a whole host of family restaurants. 15 minutes from the station. A great location.

We will definitely stay here again when back in Ipswich and hopefully in 509.

Room Tip: Get a loft room with a view across the marina on the top floor and ask to be as far away from the pu...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

It was lovely to read your review of your stay at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. I am glad that you had a wonderful time with us and I hope to be welcoming you back in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I don't think I would ever want to spend a week end in Ipswich, but if I was, I would definitely spend it here. Very tasteful boutique hotel, with an eclectic mix of furniture and paintings (a few pieces I would want to buy for my flat), large rooms with big, comfortable beds and outstanding friendly service. There are a few nice details like the room key which make it just fun and special. I had a room with harbour view, beautiful.
Only thing that was not perfect was breakfast: the coffee machine was broken so no cappuccino and the filter coffee was positively horrible.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your stay The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we can welcome you back to in the near future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, boutique style, we stayed on the fifth floor with a harbour balcony, copper bath in the room etc... Lovely!

Had an evening meal in the restaurant which was good, wouldn't say excellent. But no reason to not use. Staff were all very helpful and friendly, the only thing that let's this lovely hotel down is the area. The harbour is nice with some lovely boats on display, reminded me of Poole Harbour but the surrounding area is quite run down.

Great for a short break but not sure if you would find much in the locality to revel the standard of the hotel
Grea

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
LynnCowan, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear David

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on The Salthouse Harbour Hotel, it is very much appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future,

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

10 of us celebrated my husbands birthday in the restaurant and my husband and I stayed over. Our room overlooked the Waterfront and we watched the sun go down whilst sipping our Gin and Tonic. Room was very spacious and tastefully furnished. Bathroom had both a bath and shower and was spotlessly clean. Our meal was superb. 10 meals all served together and hot. Not one of our party was disappointed. Breakfast the following day was freshly cooked. The staff are efficient and charming.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
LynnCowan, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Suzie

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay and your husbands birthday meal. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is such a lovely and modern hotel. Greeted by friendly staff who were nice and helpful.Had a room overlooking the harbour which was pleasant. The room was a spacious size and the bathroom was wonderful with both a separate bath and shower. Would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Teddi31
Dear Guest

It was lovely to read your review about your stay at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. I am glad that you with us was enjoyable and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a lovely quirky hotel with great views over the harbour. Breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious. Dinner was excellent but slightly pricey. The only possible downside is that for a light sleeper it may be noisy as people leave neighbouring restaurants and pubs. We wIll definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Karen

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on The Salthouse harbour Hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in the near future.

With Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Hintlesham Hall
Hintlesham Hall
#1 of 1 in Hintlesham
Premier Inn Ipswich Town Centre (Quayside) Hotel

Been to Salthouse Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!