“Another great nights sleep”

Salthouse Harbour Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Hove, England, United Kingdom
“Another great nights sleep”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have booked into this hotel many times and they are friendly and courteous (as you would expect). I have never been disappointed and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ipswich. The marina is a bonus.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sheffield
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked this hotel after seeing it advertised in a Sunday paper and never having been to Ipswich before we decided to go somewhere different for a change. We were not disappointed, the is a really stylish boutique hotel located right on the marina, close to bars and restaurants. Our room on the 4th floor was amazing, looking out to all the fabulous boats from the picture windows.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor for a good view.
1 Thank Sheila W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Came here on a work event - the first room I stayed in was a little dark so I skied if there was another available that had abit more natural light. I was moved to a corner room which was absolutely gorgeous ! Lots of natural light and beautiful views of Ipswich and the harbour. I was extremely impressed.

The hotel doesn't have much in way of facilities like a gym or spa, it has a restaurant and a small lounge area but we were here when the weather was brilliant so didn't need the additional facilities and were able to appreciate the lovely views of the harbour and take a walk around very easily.

I loved this hotel, but it would probably depend on the rooms you get. I was very pleased with the room I was moved to- huge with a beautiful view!

Breakfast arrives at a leisurely pace and that can be fine. I thought the breakfast was ok- based on a set menu where you select what you would like, but it would have been good if they had moe options for vegetarian eaters, but I suppose I didn't ask to check if alternative were possible so I cannot comment further.

Overall, I was really impressed with this boutique hotel and would highly recommend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This has got to be one of the best hotels that we love so much we keep coming back
We have seen it grow into what it is now but it is not resting on it laurels it is continuing to work had to maintain its standards
We love this place for the summer days and it's sister hotel for a cold winters night
Brilliant

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Billericay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had a wonderful 2 night stay here to celebrate my birthday. As part of the package we had chocolate covered strawberries and fizz which were in our room on arrival. My only one small complaint was that on the second night we had to ring reception as the fizz and strawberries had not been placed in our room and when it did arrive the strawberries were not covered in chocolate as stated.
We had room 210 which had a perfect view over the harbour and I loved the quirky features such as the pelican lamps by the bed and the fact you could sit in the bath and look out through the bedroom to the view though also pleased this view could be frosted when needed.
Breakfast was plentiful and while they staff were busy they were on hand if needed.
Would certainly visit again for the setting and for all the quirky artwork that was placed around the hotel.

Essex
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here last night in one of their penthouse suites. It was one of their deals called suite Sunday, half price rooms! The room was just fantastic. Massive bed, our own lounge overlooking the marina, air con, gorgeous bathroom, little touches that made it so wonderful.

The staff on arrival were fantastic and friendly. We had booked a table in their restaurant but we had met a couple during the day that said the food really wasn't great and the service was extremely poor. We then checked on TA for reviews and many reviews matched what we was told so we changed our minds last minute and went down the road to the waterfront - highly recommend, it was fabulous!! Food was outstanding and we are so pleased that we went.

I recommend anyone to stay at this hotel, make use of their deals, they have many and treat yourself to a cheeky night away. We was fortunate to have fantastic weather so this made it all that but more special. The pub next door was brilliant, music, great atmosphere and good location.

THANK YOU for such a lovely night away.......

Room Tip: Penthouse suite room 604
Bexley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Fabulous hotel in a central marina location over looking the marina harbour. Room size was adequate, and we had a partial harbour view being at the end of the building.
On arrival we had a bottle of Prosecco on ice, which was part of the package from Secret Escapes.
There is adequate parking and hotel porters move the cars around during the day for the guests, so no need to worry when you’ve had a drink.
Evening meal was nice had fresh cod and wife had steak and cooked to perfection.
Disastrous breakfast which seemed to apply to another 2 couples sitting by us. Firstly asked for a pot of tea, had to wait 8 minutes for tea to arrive, but no milk. There is no eye contact and they seem very busy. I counted 14 other guest, and 4 waiters. Twice I asked for the milk. Toast eventually arrived but no butter. In the end had to get up and get the butter my self from another table. When our Suffolk grill turned up, only 1 came out, and after a few minutes I said excuse me we ordered 2 breakfast’s, there was no problem the other breakfast arrived in 2 minutes.
It’s the worst service I’ve experienced, but its such a lovely place that we are going back in August which is prime lobster season

Room Tip: 206 or 208 looking out over the harbour
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
#1 of 1 in Hintlesham
The Brudenell Hotel
The Brudenell Hotel
#2 of 4 in Aldeburgh

Been to Salthouse Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!