Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel
US$61
pentahotel Ipswich(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Ipswich Capel St Mary(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$56
Travelodge
Travelodge Ipswich Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$60
Travelodge
    1,165 results
    All reviewsspa breakspa facilitiesgarden roomhunting lodgehousing estatesteam roomswimming poolleisure clubthe main hotelleisure centrecream teaa bit tiredan updatelick of paintevening mealbreakfast was buffet stylelovely hotel
    Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for a wedding and have to say that, overall, I did love the place. I just felt there were a few small areas for improvement. Will try to tell it in order:

1) Check in. Arrived slightly before check in time. I was fine with them saying the room was not ready (I expected it) however the woman at the desk made me feel stupid for even enquiring. This lady seemed rude and pre-occupied and it was a terrible first impression. However, please read on as this was a one off and the other staff were lovely!
    2) Got pulled in to help in the bridal suite. Beautiful rooms and there was a lady who brought us champagne. Initially, when this lady entered I thought she must be the planner, she was so helpful, knew what she was doing and happy to stay and chat and help. It turned out she was one of the housekeepers so not involved with the wedding but just displaying that excellent level of customer service.
    3) Actually got to check in. Some confusion about which account the bill would come out of (on our end, not the hotel's.) Lady that helped us figure this out went above and beyond basic customer service. Not just that, but she was so friendly and helpful that I'm only sorry I didn't catch her name as I would have put it in the review.
    4) Wedding food = Food (especially dessert) was good, however, the wedding dinner took over 3 hours for a party of approx 80. I have been to a lot of other weddings where this has been much quicker and food still good. In fairness, I don't know how big their kitchens are but when at a wedding 1 course an hour seems too much to me. Although, each course did seem worth the wait!
    5) Room. Good. Actually, very nice. The bathroom let it down massively though. I had been looking forward to a good soak in the tub but the tiles need a deep clean. Showered instead as it felt quite uncomfortable and grimy in there. All the bathroom features are outdated. In our room had to search for the toilet flush (actually in the shower.) The bed, view, TV and other facilities were fantastic. The toilet paper though was probably the worst I had ever encountered.
    6) The breakfast. I found the cooked breakfast to be disappointing. The bacon was dried to a crisp and inedible and the fried egg, in contrast, massively undercooked. However, my friends did enjoy it. As it was a buffet breakfast I was able to switch to pastries etc. and these were a much better option although I don't think they were fresh in that day.
    7) The pool area. The best part of the stay. When we visited it was quiet, I imagine when it's busy you get less out of the experience. The pool and changing rooms were very clean and had every facility you could possibly need. I can't praise this side of the hotel enough, it was fantastic.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the place, I enjoyed the hotel and most of the food I had there. I also found that, overall, the staff were great. As soon as we got home we planned our next visit. I just think that instead of being "very good" this place could get an "amazing" review with some very small and easy changes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
    2  Thank yorkie88_13
    Chris_Holden, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Many thanks for your detailed review of your recent stay. It was good to read of the things that we got right but are grateful to you for your constructive comments about the other aspects of your stay. We will do what we can to improve the service aspects of your review although we have never before been made aware of slow service at wedding receptions. The time taken for the reception depends entirely on the speed of the guests eating their meal and the requirements of the bride and groom. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next planned visit to the hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night on business on 11th June. This was my 2nd stay at this hotel, and on both occasions the service from everyone from the Reception to the Restaurant has been great!
    The rooms are a little tired, but they are clean and well appointed.
    The gym is fairly small but has everything you need; the pool is lovely!
    I was lucky to book a Personal Trainer who works in the gym. I did Boxing pad training, It was an amazing workout and Dan was an excellent trainer. I would highly recommend Dan to the lucky locals that use the gym regularly!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    Chris_Holden, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your return visit to the hotel and it was good to hear that you enjoyed the services provided, especially the training you received from Dan. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my husband and parents for tonight's, as we attending a family wedding there. Checking in was efficient, reception staff very polite. Hotel facilities explained to us. We had 403 and 405. The rooms are cleans and appeared to be Newley decorated. The bathroom was clean, but a bit dated but still in good working order.
    The breakfast which is self service was of a good quality and I must say the panelled restaurant area has a lovely atmosphere.

We did not use the spar facilities or the pool, but hope to next time we go.
    The meal we had at the wedding was very nice, the buffet in the evening was of a good quality too.

I have no complaints, all staff from the reception, bar and restaurant were very professional and polite.

I would stay at the hotel again.

Thank you for a lovely two days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for posting a review of your stay. We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the wedding reception at the hotel. You must come back soon to use our leisure facilities soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We are a couple in our sixties
    we had a relaxing 4 night stay
    and everything was perfect.The
    accommodation,the food,the
    pool,the gym.will be going back
    again soon.also such a great
    location as it is only a short drive to the beautiful town centre.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed the break with us and found everything to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel over all was very nice, the room had exactly what you'd need. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Food wasn't expensive at all, and was a go so value for the price, the only small problem was they're wasn't a great variety to choose from, but it was still very nice! The pool area is by far the best feature in this hotel, very clean! The only one negative feedback I have about this was the wifi connected was very poor! But other than that we enjoyed our nights stay here and would definely return and recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014
    Chris_Holden, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. The team were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and are grateful for the complimentary comments about the facilities and services provided. We are looking at ways to improve the wifi services in the hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon.