“Wouldn't let my dog sleep here” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Riverside Hotel
The Riverside Hotel
Ranked #32 of 36 Ipswich B&B and Inns
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't let my dog sleep here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Polite staff on entry was please with this. Car park looks unsafe and dingy. No card payments, although cash point opposite.
Room- hole in window covered by cardboard, sheets and stuff quite clean, walls paper thin!

Would'nt let my dog stay there!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Cannydann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Nearly cried on entry to room. Broken/damaged and marked old sink unit, kettle not easy to use, headboard of bed hanging off wall, window would not shut (note January), hole next to electric socket, neither small lights worked, no plug in bath, no drawer in bedside cabinet, damaged wardrobe door, inside had not been dusted, creased curtains not hung properly, ie hanging down, old carpet, unsightly door, karaoke night till 12.20, reception filled with drinking and noisy football supporters. This is more of a rough pub than a hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Vivostock

Travellers are raving about these Ipswich hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for just one night on tues the sixth of August when dropping my mum off to her sisters in kesgrave the staff were very friendly couldn't do enough to help my room was what I was expecting for the price £35 spotlessly clean with a bonus of river views tea coffee tv etc etc I had reservations about no en suite never stayed in a hotel with no en suite however it wasn't an issue there was a large shared bathroom again spotlessly clean breakfast was charged as an extra but was well worth it before my long drive home to South Wales a huge serving of locally sourced items and u could tell the chef was a foodie very passionate about the quality of food being served I am we'll traveled for £35 this establishment is a little gem clean friendly with river views and parking will be staying again when I pick my mum up on wed 21st August

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Old fashioned, paper thin walls. My neighbour being sick at 3am! Cold, dirty, small, useless shower. Tiny staircase no lift, no staff to help you. Kitchen staff slagging each other off in the morning. Poor cheap quality breakfast. A truly awful hell hole.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Anneniven
Ipswich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed at the riverside hotel for a one night stay and was let down from start to finish.
Upon arrival I was shown to my room which was tiny and dingy. My bathroom light had moments when it refused to work, there were no glasses if I wanted a drink (I had to use a coffee mug), the cold tap barely let any water out and the toilet refused to flush!
The bed/tv positioning was all wrong, the tv was not at the foot of the bed as you'd expect but to the left so I had a crap view when lying next to my partner. The kettle provided didn't switch off when boiled, instead it just kept boiling and boiling until I turned it off.
I paid an extra £10 (£5 each) for my partner and I to have breakfast the next morning. The full English was okay but when we asked for a tea and coffee we were told we couldn't have a large breakfast and a drink, instead we had to have a medium breakfast and drink!
I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hephzibah B
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

When I arrived at the car park, my heart sunk.
Whilst the hotel looks fine from the front, the entrance from the car park is truely dreadful
Shabby, dirty and I would have turned straight around if I could have.
On a better note, the room I had was clean and functional. I didn't try any food there so can't comment on that score.
If you want something close to Ipswich train station, you won't get closer

Room Tip: There are some without ensuite to choose carefully if you are needing ensuite