“Great place to take little ones”
Review of RaRa's - CLOSED

RaRa's
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Great place to take little ones”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I visited Ra Ra's with my daughters and grandsons (age 3 and 1). Great menu with lots of choices, fab decor, family friendly and the servers look amazing in their 50's outfits. The service was prompt and the icecreams and shakes we ordered were delicious.

Only one minor criticism, I didn't feel the servers were over friendly.

• Visited November 2013

Ipswich, Massachusetts
“FABULOSO.”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

It's so exciting to see something in ipswich other than usual skank that doesn't last! The menu has some amazing combinations and have only managed to try a few so definitely need to be back to try them all out and produce a more educated review. Only negative point I have to say is that the manager is too beautiful and I spent so much time staring at her beauty that my ice cream melted.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 1_Lula_1
United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A refreshing alternative to other Ipswich cafés”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I used to usually have to choose between Starbucks and Costa if I wanted to go to a café in Ipswich, and so was really glad when RaRa's opened. Apart from being much more reasonably priced than the other two, RaRa's has a much broader and more interesting menu. I recently had their delicious coconut and pineapple thickshake (although it took me quite a while to choose it as there is about twenty flavours for most things). And at only £2.50, it is impossible for me to complain about RaRa's budget-friendly prices.

RaRa's has a great atmosphere. Kira, the manageress, can often be found being friendly and chatting to customers. The waitresses are polite, friendly and seem happy to be working there. The 50s music on the jukebox is a refreshing break from the music commonly heard in more conventional cafés and shops. RaRa's interior reflects the manageress' effort to make RaRa's an inviting place for everyone.

The only criticism I have is that I think the service could be a little more polished in places. But really this is a minor comment on a great new café which I look forward to returning to.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 676Emma
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I visted Ra ra's with my partnwr and my 2 year old son. The place is brilliant! Not only was the service quick and friendly, but the decor and menu really added to the atmosphere. We ended up buying 2 big sundaes and a childs portion as we all couldn't choose from the fantastic menu. I will definitely be going back! Only one small critism... I loved the 50's music so much, just wish it would have been a touch louder.

• Visited August 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb all round”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Delicious, gorgeous ice creams served by an enthusiastic team of waitresses. sundaes were delivered in just a few minutes and we had drinks to keep us occupied until then. Decoration is brilliant and fits well with the 50s theme, and so does the authentic music and jukebox. Thinking about having a waffle next time I visit (and there will be a next time, quite a few things on the menu i didn't get to try) as I couldn't help but notice some other customers eating some.

I've also noticed there's a facebook page which gets updated quite regularly.

• Visited September 2013