“Best home cooked Sunday Lunch”

The Old Times Guest House
Ranked #1 of 35 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Sunday lunch was delicious, all home cooked and fresh, lovely food, at a fantasticly reasonable price, superb atmospher, friendly helpful staff, highly recommended. See you there next Sunday, or maybe even sooner for an evening meal.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
KellyLkL, General Manager at The Old Times Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Thank you for taking time to review my business. It is great to tick all the boxes, these positive words motivates my team and myself. I hope to see you again. Happy Travels sending you best wishes.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

As the 'Lions Head' pub this establishment was a tired rather run down place and therefore rarely visited.
After refurbishment by new owners I had little cause to return as living 200 yards away I wouldn't need a room for the night. However, noticing the establishment does food my wife and I decided to give the restuarant a try as we couldn't be bothered to cook one night.
We were not disappointed. The Bar area was very well decorated, clean and inviting and the Fish and Chips were wonderful. The hosts friendly and attentive.
Best of all they serve Newcastle Brown Ale.
We are going to return to enjoy the Sunday Roast and am sure we will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jmrwright
KellyLkL, General Manager at The Old Times Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Thank you very much for spending time to review us. It is really encouraging for us to know that you enjoyed your meal and we always enjoy meeting new neighbours. We are looking forward to seeing you again for a Srummy Sunday Roast.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

This place has been revamped and decorated through out lovely and clean right through,great place to stay as close to town centre which is either walking distance or a bus stop away.Around the area are local shops very handy if you forget your toothbrush or want a magazine to read in the evening , they serve an excellent breakfast and good home cooked main meals.this place also have there own bar which serves draught ales and spirits,so a great place to unwind after travelling, inside the guest house they have there own ice cream parlour Kellys ice cream ,this can be eaten outside or inside although this is near the roadside its a great place to people watch and the last place were the sun sets,many a red sun set is seen here,the good thing about this guest house if you are visiting friends they also can come and eat in the guest house with you at dinner time,on the whole this place is very friendly warm and relaxing ,and if you want to play darts and listen to some music the owners own the old times pub only two minutes up the road ! and yes we will be revisiting soon,to all the staff and keep up the good work !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leolion123

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This must be the best Sunday roast in Ipswich, all home made, great selection of veg, 3 meats on offer, Best Pavlova, been the last two weeks, you all need to try the Friday Fish & chips, better than Kesgrave Hall, The Waterfront and Bildeston Crown and they are top restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Old Time Guest house on a theatre break with some girlfriends, i was really impressed.The rooms were spacious and newly decorated, all the required amenities tea and coffee and a large shower room and it was spotlessly clean, the room was quiet at night and the pillows comfortable so i had a good nights sleep. The team on site were friendly and flexible and happy to help with any of my needs. I had lunch and breakfast, which were all home prepared and very tasty, they accommodated a fussy vegetarian and enjoyed an excellent mushroom stroganoff and dauphnoise potatoes. The guest house i found out is under new management and they are keen to build a good reputation in the local area and have invested in the upgrade of the facilities and accommodation, i have to say i would full endorse. I am a well travelled person and regularly visit New York, Singapore and Tokyo and i am fortunate to stay in 5 star hotels on a regular basis, i am very fussy about the quality of the aspects of any stay in a hotel or guest house and i can easily say i was impressed and the Old Times Guest House. the price of the accommodation is good value and it was easily accessible to the theatre . i would certainly go again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 June 2013

The Old Times guest house is a short walk from home, better known to us as the Lions Head, a rather tired looking local pub. We saw the place had changed and after reading good reviews was time to give it a try.
We were not disappointed, Sunday lunch was freshly cooked and a good selection of vegetables. I must agree with other writers and say that this must be the best in Ipswich.
We look forward to returning especially for the home made pavlova.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oldpostieipswich
KellyLkL, General Manager at The Old Times Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for spending your time to give us a review as a new business we are very grateful for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again. and again.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Fantastic Sunday roast. Always freshly cooked and piping hot. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere, would highly recommend. You can eat in the bar or the restaurant. Best to book as always busy. Lovely would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013