“Lovely Food and Service”

Chequers Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 488 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Pub
Description: Family friendly pub/restaurant with bar area, seated restaurant area and outside seating. Our pub also has an outdoor play area. Our food is traditional pub fare including Sunday Roasts mainly homemade and very reasonably priced as our food. We offer a wide range of some of the best local, national and international ales, wines and spirits. We have many satisfied regular customers we would love you to join them. Well behaved dogs are welcome.
Reviewed 19 February 2016

Visited with family and friends, the food was lovely and home made, the service was second to none and very good value for money,it far exceeded my expectations, well done.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Myself and a group of 11 enjoyed an excellent meal at the Chequers. Both members of staff were very attentive and the food was very good. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Stopped here for my Lunch today. Had the two course for £9.95 , main meal was Roast beef with roast and new potatoes four veg and a large Yorkshire pud covered in gravy. A nice plate full. For the sweat i had bread and butter pudding with custard , this came in a dish which is so much better that on plates like some places do.

The food was delicious and the staff were extremely friendly. Great pub

Date of visit: January 2016
2  Thank Mick M
Reviewed 28 December 2015

My wife and I called here for Sunday Roast , I don't think we have ever had better value food for the money.
Seven veg, proper roast potatoes, boiled potatoes, two massive Yorkshire and enough meat to satisfy anyone. All the food was cooked fresh and was truly delicious.

My wife is not a big eater and had a child's portion which I would say was still bigger than most Sunday lunches we have experienced. She still had all of the above with just slightly smaller portions.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and we were served promptly and made welcome.

Highly recommended if you like excellent food, a full belly and want to feel welcome.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank Dredangler
Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

Disappointed by a huge margin.... have eaten Sunday lunch there many of times so we thought as a extra special treat we would have Christmas Day Lunch at £50PP
Every aspect was terrible, our table was to be in the bar next to fruit machine and the main meeting point where everyone gathers, which is also the main way to the toilets. Choosing to wait for a better table for over an hour finally we were seated!!!
Prawn cocktail starter with no sauce with soup which was more like baby food, served with defrosted bread ( no butter ).
Main course of roast turkey which you would like to belive would be up to thier normal high standards, sadly not.... TURKEY ROLL, 1 roast potato, 5 stands of red cabbage, 3 very over cooked spouts, mashed swede about the portion size of a teaspoon, carrots and peas topped off with BEEF gravy and no Yorkshire puddings.
The only thing that was any good was the dessert, portioned fudge cake, icecream out of a tub and squirty cream.
Service was unexplainable, I asked what the flavor of the soup was and the waiter didn't know, he offered to change my starter and when I asked what else was on offer, again he didn't know. ...When asked if food was ok I had to reply with the fact it was un edible, to which this time a waitress just answered that she would mention it ( to who I don't know ). My partner and I eat out regularly but have never come across the way they served tea, hot water in a cup with a typhoo tea bag on the saucer, the coffee was served with milk but looked more like dish water, after requesting just a black coffee I was told it came from machine and it tasted disgusting.
We weren't the only people who have been there before and were to the point of outrage on the standard, quality of the food and waiting staff. My partner pointed out the gents toilet floor being flooded, too which we found out from another customer that he couldn't complain about it as no one had reported it.... which was not the case, also a breach of H&S as no signage to say wet floor.
This has to have been the worst meal we have every experienced, which is such a shame as normally it has been fantastic food and very good service. We sadly will not be recommending anyone to eat there as we will never eat there again!
From a disappointed hungry ex customer
Happy Christmas