“Worth noting!”
Review of Trongs

Trongs
Ranked #6 of 447 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This really is the best Cantonese food I've had and that includes comparisons with Princess Garden and Shanghai Blues (twice the price plus). Run by the same family for 17 years the restaurant is always full, the food fresh, fragrant and everso tasty - and the service, exemplary. We started with salt and pepper baked prawns, then Peking duck, followed by sizzling fillet of beef, taopan prawns, General Tseng's chicken, Singpapore vermicelli, etc etc.... Everything was faultless however, Trong's has changed it's wine suppliers and the 4 wines we had were not up to the standard of the food and so we communicated this to the owner. The cost was removed from the bill, which was unexpected but a mark of the professionalism and generosity of the family behind this excellent eatery. Not only did the owner engage in a discussion but they are very interested in improving their wine list, which I will happily support them with... Great food deserves great wine and I am very grateful and pleased that our comments were received so constructively...

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Always friendly service and good food, although menu rarely changes and is becoming a little monotonous

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves and my son in law recommended Trongs as he teaches a member of the family, who told him the food is very good. No it's not good it's brilliant! I couldn't make my mind up so my husband suggested a set menu; it seemed rather a lot but we went for it and of course enjoyed mouthful, clearing all dishes.

The staff were so helpful, never obsequious we had superb evening and will certainly be back.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Have not been to Trongs for many years..wish I had....Went last night with a friend and enjoyed a fabulous meal..\we decided to go for one of the shared set meals at £25 per person.Very good value and could have easily fed four..however we managed to finish it off!..Wine a bit on the steep side but very good range..Nice friendly attentive staff..Could not fault..I will not leave it so long on returning..

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is a real family restaurant with strong values in service and good food. Unpretentious and super friendly, I love it. Visited twice this year with large parties for business meals. A really warm welcome each time, nothing too much trouble, with genuinely good service. Will go back again and again.