“Best chinese tasted”
Review of Trongs

Trongs
Ranked #2 of 440 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Best chinese tasted”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I went in Trongs for my birthday meal with my partner and baby. The staff were helpful and friendly from the start. They cleared an area especially for us so that our baby would not be disturbed.

The waitress advised on portion sizes which made us amend our order saving money.

Every dish was divine.

Crisp aromatic duck. A sin not to have. So crispy the skin and so tender meat. They even brought out additional wraps for us.

For mains we ordered a yummy rice dish, sizzling lamb which was so tender and the sauce they recommended tasted for fresh and clean. King prawns with cashews. The largest juiciest prawns in a long time and the cashews were so soft and juicy. Oh my god the crispy chilli beef. The best I have ever tasted. I cant describe the crispness, it was incredible.

They were attentative throughout. They even came over to put the bottle back in my baby's mouth.

I can totally understand why it is so highly recommended. They are friendly, accomodating, well priced and tasty food. The best meal I have had in ipswich so far.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank BelsteadFamily

“Excellent!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a lovely evening at Trongs. The food was delicious and the service was fantastic. A great evening!

2 Thank SarahJane20142015
“Great meal out!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I can see why this is voted one of the best meals out in Ipswich!

Four of us got one of the many set menus available. Wow the meals just kept coming and they were all excellent and a great range. (Mussells, Satay, chicken in lettuce leaves, mongolian lamb pancakes, and thats just the starters.) Wide selection of wine, and all the staff were very friendly.
5 stars!!!

1 Thank Normalaka
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

very pleasant evening. Friendly greeting and pleasant service all night. Excellent food,well presented nice and hot.Wide choice on the menu.Prices very reasonable.
Only downside for me i think the tables are a little to close.
Overall well satisfied,very happy evening

“Amazing.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a wonderful time. Food was well priced and tasted amazing. Not your usual over processed, heavy sauced Chinese takeaway but good fresh food full of flavour. The best Chinese I've had outside of London.

• Visited March 2014