“Faultless”
Review of Trongs

Trongs
Ranked #4 of 446 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I first visited Trongs in their opening week over ten years ago, and have been hooked ever since.

I spend alot of time working outside of the country, but whenever I'm in the UK I visit, both with family and with business partners.

In fact, I always make a special trip home for Chinese New Year just to take part in their wonderful celebration, complete with Lion Dance and fire crackers!

The food and service in this family-run restaurant are absolutely spot-on, but make sure you book well in advance if you want a table - it's as popular now as it ever was!

Reviewed 27 May 2009

Myself and my wife have eaten here a few times now. The first time we went the meal was OK but this was a long, long time ago. On two subsequent visits we have found the food fairly bland so whether they have changed chefs or not over the years I don't know. Anyway, we decided we'd give it another go a while back to see if it had improved at all. Well, what a farce. We had booked a table well in advance and so were a tad peeved that when we arrived found there was no table for us. We were told we could wait around but this might be for well over half an hour. We were not even apologised to let alone offered some complementary crackers or drinks to get us to stay and wait - and this was from the owner himself! Terrible customer service. They won't be seeing us again.

2  Thank Keeop
Reviewed 9 May 2009

Excellent food and friendly welcoming host. Feels more intimate and authentic than the likes of mr wings

Reviewed 15 April 2009

I've only eaten in the restaurant once. A good, varied menu. Wine list could do better.

I also stop by there to pick up a take-away once a month, but was about put out when one eve, around 6pm, was told they were 'too busy'. I have to assume it was delivery orders as there was only one table filled in the restaurant.

Never mind, I went across the road to the Thai Place.

Reviewed 10 February 2009

Found Trongs by chance when on business in Ipswich. Loved it, good food, nice atmosphere and really nice hosts - I would go again.