“Absolutely excellent”

Jaipur Indian Cuisine
Ranked #169 of 443 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Absolutely excellent”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I really can't see what previous poor reviewers are referring to. Good, polite, friendly service on a quiet Monday evening. Good starters and an excellent main course, served with attention. Particularly impressive were the efforts the staff made to "custom make" dishes to our individual preferences. Good decor, reasonable price. Loved the place and, as enthusiastic curry consumer, will definitely return as soon as I can.

3 Thank Peter H

“very happy”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Had a very good evening.Service was a little bit on the slow side,due to the fact that they were very busy.We were kept informed.Table service was excellent,well looked after.Food was as usual very good,wide choice on menu. good portions,nice and hot.Nice to have a complementary drink offered at the end of the meal.Staff all very helpful and friendly.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank johnnice1
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Went there on Wednesday 29/1 6.30pm and we were the only customers there. I ordered a side dish (as I dont eat the main curries) of spinach and mushrooms, no onions please. Waiter wrote dowen my order and said he would also tell the chef. When our meal arrived my side dish was full of onions. I sent it back and asked for it without the onions. Waiter came back and said the chef did not read the order. My partners ate his meal and when mine did arrive I was left eating on my own!. Unbelievable as we were still the only ones there. This is not the 1st time this has happend here. Even when I order a takeaway it comes wrong. I have had enough now so we will not be going back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rosie658
“poor”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

avoid like the plauge went for meal and the entire meat content which was ment to be lamd would sit on one fork full

Visited June 2013
1 Thank steve r
Halesworth, United Kingdom
“Best Indian restaurant I've ever been to!”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was just passing and fancied a take away but on entering, decided to sit down and have a curry for one!!

The hosts were excellent with good humour, pleasant banter and super advise.

I left them to choose what I ate..."Something medium with a really flavourful sauce, a rice and some sort of bread". Midge chose me 'Chicken Delight' (Murghi Massala) with garlic rice and 'chilli cheese naan'. Having not had any of these before, let alone together, I was a little dubious but OH WOW! It was incredible.

The flavours were bursting in my mouth and complemented each other perfectly.

The service was impecable and swift with a smile and the price was reasonable.

Even though I don't live anywhere nearby, I will definitely come again to this most outstanding of restaurants.

• Visited December 2013