“Lovely Sunday lunch!”

Ranked #30 of 447 Restaurants in Ipswich
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I can't believe this is the first time I've been to The Last Anchor. I went for Sunday lunch and was very impressed. The restaurant's light interior was welcoming and the views of the marina were delightful. Two courses for under £13 is also very reasonable. I went for the fish and chips and it was the nicest I'd had in ages - and served beautifully on a mock chip fryer and wooden board. The roast dinners also looked excellent - there's certainly no scrimping on portion size. Staff were friendly and efficient. I'll definitely be returning.

1  Thank Lucy W

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Fantastic meal from the winter set menu. Pre-ordered meal for 18 all served without fault. No waiting, great food, great friendly service. Always our top choice for work gatherings. Definitely visit again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

A nice clean restaurant with very welcoming and helpful staff. Meals were average, two of the fish and fries were just basically a grease bucket on a platter. It's a real shame as other people I knew recommended as a good place to dine. Overpriced for what we received, unless we were just unlucky on that particular evening.

1  Thank Trevor S
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had 2 courses off the midweek set menu and both were full of flavour and good potions. 3 of us had the toad in the hole and although it was more toad 'on' the hole as the sausages were separate, it was the best gravy I had ever tasted. At 12.95 for 2 courses we could not complain and the service was efficient and friendly. Will be back!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I find it hard to believe the last 2 reviews were of the same restaraunt my husband and I visited recently, we had a thoroughly enjoyable meal and were well looked after by the friendly staff,
We will be back and continue to recommend.
Don't be put off, well worth a visit