“A very Happy Birthday!”

Lanterns Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 471 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Description: PLEASE BOOK ONLINE AT OUR WEBSITE. Chinese Restaurant in Ipswich is a high quality Chinese restaurant serving authentic Chinese food.
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Lanterns, Falcon St. was last night, the venue we choose to celebrate my grandsons birthday! What a good decision, food was great, staff were friendly and efficient, they happily let me bring cake then served it when we wanted it, having put candles on it, along with really fresh tasting sparkling wine, which Id left to their discretion. As this restaurant is just opposite the multistory car park its so easy to get to, Thanks to all the staff. you made our evening delightful I can Thoroughly recommend this Chinese restaurant in Ipswich!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Found this restaurant across from a car park while visiting Ipswich.

Starter of salt a chilli prawn was great
I am not a big curry fan but I tried the Lantern special curry which allowed me to try all the things together rather than individual... prawns , chicken, roast pork etc...
Quite busy for a Wednesday night but the two ladies who look after the guests were
Enjoyable food and worth the try

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Quick and sweet, great food, service was excellent, had great experience and well recommended this 5 star for me

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I collapsed in this place and was rushed to hospital and then to Papworth for emergency open heart surgery. I was given a 70/30 chance of surviving. This restaurant had a letter delivered by my best friend as we were all charged for a complete buffet. We hadn’t even ordered mains but they didn’t care. They have never been in touch to find out how I was but they phoned my friend three times on the day to make sure we were going to turn up as there were nine of us. Never will any of us step foot in this place again as they’re only concerned about their profits

2  Thank twixy65
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I loved the atmosphere, the dim sum and chow mein was stellar. This restaurant truly is a hidden gem and I hope that in the future this places prospers. Thank you so much for the amazing dinner.