“Had better”

Lanterns Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 471 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Description: PLEASE BOOK ONLINE AT OUR WEBSITE. Chinese Restaurant in Ipswich is a high quality Chinese restaurant serving authentic Chinese food.
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Evening out with family thought we would try Lanterns, very nice decor and very polite waitresses. Didn’t have to wait long to be served but that might have had something to do with no one being in there. We go out regularly to different restaurants and thought we would try this but I found some of the food here to be very bland, especially the Satay chicken, normally the chicken is marinated in the sauce but theirs was just poured over the chicken, not very nice. The same with the sweet and sour Hong Kong style chicken, quite tough. To be honest the only dishes we liked were the Crispy chilli chicken, smokey chicken and ribs. Disappointed. Prefer “MY Chinese”.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Lanterns is the place to go for dim sum whenever you get a craving! Also have a great menu for Cantonese cuisine.
Young lady was very friendly and attentive nothing was too much trouble

Thanks again will be back

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Lanterns, Falcon St. was last night, the venue we choose to celebrate my grandsons birthday! What a good decision, food was great, staff were friendly and efficient, they happily let me bring cake then served it when we wanted it, having put candles on it, along with really fresh tasting sparkling wine, which Id left to their discretion. As this restaurant is just opposite the multistory car park its so easy to get to, Thanks to all the staff. you made our evening delightful I can Thoroughly recommend this Chinese restaurant in Ipswich!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Found this restaurant across from a car park while visiting Ipswich.

Starter of salt a chilli prawn was great
I am not a big curry fan but I tried the Lantern special curry which allowed me to try all the things together rather than individual... prawns , chicken, roast pork etc...
Quite busy for a Wednesday night but the two ladies who look after the guests were
Enjoyable food and worth the try

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Quick and sweet, great food, service was excellent, had great experience and well recommended this 5 star for me