“Very average at best!”

Novotel Stevenage
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed a couple of weekends ago for 2 nights. Room was very tired and in need off a revamp.

The mattress was very soft and pillows really poor (we went and bought some for the Saturday night)
Kettle looks like it was from the 80's but the room was clean apart from the stains on the carpet floor. Breakfast was OK one day and really poor the other day, Four staff on the Sunday morning and only the bloke was doing any work the others were having a conversation at the back, Nothing got refilled for ages so no juice and no bread. Overall I would go to the premier inn a mile away next time.

Room Tip: Go to the Premier inn.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glyn R
General-Manager0992, General Manager at Novotel Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Apologies for not living up to your expectations. As mentioned we have two different types of pillows. We’ll look into the other things, and I hope we can welcome you back to Novotel Stevenage sometime in the future. Do feel free to call me on 01438 346 250 to discuss further.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed at this Hotel on a weekend break to London to see Lion King this was the Hotel chosen
Meal on Saturday Night was average nothing to write home about in my Husband and mine eyes could have been warmer . Breakfast very good plentiful and hot.
The bedrooms were clean spacious and warm The bed was not very comfortable for my liking but that is personal taste my husband slept okay Overall it was good for our needs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I've been there for a couple of nights for business. The hotel is pretty old and need to be refurbish. Carpet on the floor looks dirty and all the few other furniture in the room are old. The common space is ok and the breakfast in the low average. I can't say this is a Novotel standard. Maybe it used to be but not today.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. Contact me at any time on01438 346 250 if you’d like to discuss things further.
With kind regards

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed at the Novotel as we were attending a party held in the Hotel and it was cheaper than a taxi home. Really impressed with the overall value of the stay.
Check in with swift, with a very courteous receptionist quickly resolving a minor discrepancy with the rate – we also received a courtesy call shortly after arriving in a room which can be really useful as many hotels seem to have complex heating, lighting or IT systems; no such issue at this Hotel, but an idea for other hotels to take note of.
Room was larger than many competitors and very clean. Our expectations were exceeded and we were more than satisfied. A very large desk area was noted – although I wasn’t working on this trip, many hotels only have a small desk.
The party (50th) was a great event. Good variety of buffet items (the hot items were hot!) and enough to go around. I was pleasantly surprised by the bar prices, certainly the pint prices were very similar to my local. The other half was impressed with the cocktail range that had been arranged as part of the 007 themed event. A further delight was that there were plenty of bar staff on hand – I was annoyed at a recent wedding in another Hotel that there was a lengthy wait to be served. No issues here. Oh – and the night bar was also appreciated!
Really good night’s sleep, decent shower and no disturbance from other party-goers or guests.
Breakfast was also a treat – decent range of hot and cold items. I noticed other reviews commenting on only a few eggs being on the buffet; but they seemed to be refreshed often. I cannot stand eggs that have been sitting on a buffet for more than a few minutes, so top marks there!
We managed to make use of the free in room wifi to Skype friends in Oz. I was pleasantly surprised with the speed of the connection.
Overall, we left very happy. The Novotel certainly seemed to get the basics right. Good service, good price, decent sleep, good shower and a great breakfast. I’m not interested in designer carpets and whatnot as long as the key elements are correct. Certainly top marks for Novotel Stevenage on ‘my essentials’. Well done and thanks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Stevenage again very soon. Kind regards,

Eric-Enno Snel,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We went to see les miserables on a weekend coach trip in London and this was the chosen hotel. Fast check in ,functional and clean room, comfy beds very helpful staff. We had a 3 course evening meal which was just ok, however breakfast was really good plenty of fruit etc. we both agree that it was value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher F

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Novotel Stevenage very soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Lovely hotel rooms very clean and spacious staff very helpful can't do enough for you .my friend and I both forgot items in our rooms Bernadette the housekeeper parceled them back to us on Mon received them Tues .food was lovely and plentiful would definitely stay here again thank you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Sheila H
General-Manager0992, General Manager at Novotel Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the novotel stevenage again very soon. Kind regards, Eric-Enno Snel - General Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenage
1 mi away
#10 of 11 in Stevenage
Mercure Letchworth Hall
Mercure Letchworth Hall
#1 of 3 in Letchworth

Been to Novotel Stevenage? Share your experiences!