“Awful mattress”

Ibis Stevenage Centre
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed there for 1 night. Reception no understanding! Worst nights sleep on uncomfortable mattress n I suffer from back pain... the reception needs deaf awareness cos the communication was poor esp I was trying hard to read his lips! The ibis have had changes recently but no difference to me

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank RolaColaGirlie
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

I do apologise in regards to the discomfort of the mattress - all mattresses are brand new in line with our refurbishment.
In regards to awareness of those with hearing impairments - I will offer retraining to staff regarding the Loop ear system as they should be fully aware and ready to help those with hearing difficulties.

I hope to welcome you back.

Kind regards

A TripAdvisor Member
Tullamore
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Two up: excellent room and breakfast.

One down: poor dinner. My main course was mediocre. My friend was afraid to finish his because of the peculiar taste. Service was slow. From a small wine list the waiter managed to bring the wrong bottle. We enjoyed the wine we ordered.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased that your room and breakfast was excellent. I am disappointed to hear that your dinner experience was not acceptable by any means. We have recently recruited new food and beverage servers in our restaurant and I feel that your experience may have been based on a few teething issues. I will issue retraining to all food and beverage servers to avoid disappointment again.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed the two nights that I stayed at this hotel, the location was easy to find with cheap ajacent overnight public parking which is definitely not normal for city centre locations.

The room was clean and tidy with a comfortable bed. Staff were pleasant and very friendly.

I would definitely stay again and recommend to any of my colleagues.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

What lovely positive feedback to read about our hotel. We agree the car park is a fantastic price compared to other NCPs.
We pride ourselves in our product and the service we deliver. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Stayed for one night , clean modern room very nice bathroom too, great location , good parking next door. lovely breakfast, and fabulous friend.y staff! Ate in restaurant twice each time very clean, good food great value again. Looking forward to next visit ! Didn't get a sea view but lovely view of the park and sun bursting through window in the morning. Short stroll to market and shops ,

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

I couldn't be more happy to read this review, it really does make me proud of my team when I read feedback like this - showing how our staff deliver the best service, delicious food and great clean comfortable rooms are provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Stayed at the ibis hotel in Stevenage last night with some friends, the staff are very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are very spacious and comfy, bathrooms modern and clean. Nice bar and restaurant, with great food and service. Will definitely stay again when in the area.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

It pleases me to hear such wonderful feedback about every aspect of the hotel, from service, to cleanliness, to lay out, to food.
We take pride in the service we deliver and ensure a clean hotel at all times, and enjoy delivering delicious food to guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Ruslana Yarmolyuk.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I've been at Ibis Stevenage for one night only in april.
The staff was very kind, the room clean and quiet, the bed comfortable.

I also had the dinner in the hotel restaurant, the dinner was quite good.

The location, in the commercial quarter is not so nice, but a short walk and you're in the old town centre.

Very good for the price, the right choice if you're looking a place for a short stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased to know that staff were kind and friendly we pride ourselves in our customer service, so to hear this feedback makes me proud of my team.

We hope you will return again.

Ruslana Yarmolyuk.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

If your staying on a weekend and your hungry, forget it it. the menu in the room does not operate on a weekend. Staff were fairly pleasant. Didn't enjoy kids running up and down the corridor till 4am, And when I said it to the morning receptionist, she just shrugged her shoulders and asked for my card payment. It was clean, the rooms have been recently modified. I suppose all i can say is, what do you want for £55. though, for £20 more, you can stay at the travelodge in Marlow on Thames. Right on the river, and right on the high street, and they offer food all weekend. Based on that, a bit under discouraged to go again. Its a port in a storm.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahajax
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your reviews.

I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not one of which our guests absolutely enjoy. I do apologise for the noise you was faced with, please report this to reception immediately so that we can resolve it - it is impossible for us to resolve issues after they have happened, if we are made aware we can rectify to avoid further distress. I am disappointed that a staff member shrugged their shoulders when you informed them of an issue, I will investigate this further as we pride ourselves in the service we deliver.
With regards to the food menu's we have had a lot of feedback regarding this and have now appointed a cook for weekends so that the menu in the rooms can be enjoyed 7 days a week.

I hope that you would come back to our hotel so we can show you that here you receive good value for money and outstanding service.

Ruslana Yarmolyuk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenage
Holiday Inn Express Stevenage
#8 of 11 in Stevenage
Mercure Letchworth Hall
Mercure Letchworth Hall
#1 of 3 in Letchworth

Been to Ibis Stevenage Centre? Share your experiences!