“Pleasant Stay”

Ibis Stevenage Centre
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed couple of nights over weekend visiting family in area. Location very handy for railway station with plenty of shops around.

Good sized room, spacious comfortable bed & large flat screen tv. Bathroom just had a good shower, no bath & was very clean.

Did not use any of the restaurant services. Staff at reception friendly & would definitely stay again, good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Ruslana Y, Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We pride ourselves on our product and service we deliver so it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and to hear you will be returning.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

hannah Chapman

Reviewed 5 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ruslana Y, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Booked 2 nights in the disabled room.. Could just about get into the room, could just about get into bathroom but a squeeze, couldn't transfer from hoist onto loo, sink too high, as I have need a hoist I needed to raise the bed with Tesco direct books and slept tipped up, no cold water from tap....we checked out and booked into the Holiday Inn over the road and our room there is brilliant, no faults what so ever and staff really helpful .... DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL IF CONFINED TO A WHEELCHAIR!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I apologise we were unable to meet your expectations, I can confirm that our accessible room meets all the requirements to be classified an accessible room.

I am pleased you found hotel to match your requirements.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for work one night and the Hotel is what you would typically get from Ibis. Everything does a job without blowing you away. The bed and shower were quite good. Standard Bar and Restaurant for breakfast etc... The Hotel as a large Tesco next door which is quite good. If you were here for business 5 minutes walk away there are plenty of places to eat a Cineworld and Hollywood Bowl to pass time

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your reviews.

We pride ourselves in the service and product we deliver so I am pleased to here that your stay was as expected.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was my second visit here and my room was on the fifth floor. Check in was ok, but I didn’t like having a £10 pre-authorisation on my card. I wanted to make a hot drink, but the water from the tap was hot on the cold setting. The man from maintenance came by and advised me what to do. The complimentary tray had no biscuits just coffee, tea and milk. There was adequate heating in the room with a small radiator and there was also air conditioning.

I had a lot of problems staying connected to the internet, so I couldn’t really do much work. There were not enough spare sockets in the room so it was difficult to use my laptop. There was one by the door, and a double socket by the kettle. There wasn’t much mattress support either as my back was in agony when I woke up every morning. I could hardly stand up straight. The mattress dipped in the middle and when I looked closer, it was two single mattresses pushed together.

The breakfast was really good as always. At one point, I had to return at 10 a.m.to have breakfast because the restaurant was full at 7 a.m. Only one lift was working the whole time I was there, and a queue of people were waiting for it as they had just checked into the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MaxiMuscleGirl
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. My apologies to the experience you faced with the water and I am pleased that Maintenance were able to support you.

As an IBIS brand standard the tea and coffee making station does not provide biscuits - this would be found in a Novotel or Mercure never an IBIS unless franchised and chosen to.

The bedrooms is designed as per the brand standards, we opted for zip and link beds and have a the mattress spec of 4* standard Mercure so the beds are very adequate.

We had been experiencing major problems with both WIFI and the lifts however these issues are now fully resolved so apologies this was not done during your visit.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Paid £56 for room and breakfast, its a 5 minute walk from the railway station with parking nearby. There is also a Tesco opposite and a subway, wetherspoon and subway within minutes. Stevenage is not the friendliest or safest of places (I went for a jog and got a bit of abuse running through a residential area) but this is as good as it gets in the town centre. The room was large and modern, clean and the staff were friendly. The breakfast choice was huge and good quality and checkout took seconds - good all round.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your stay, we pride ourselves in the product and service we deliver and proud to be such an aset to the Town Centre.

I am however sorry for the abuse inflicted whilst out and about in the Stevenage area.

We hope yo welcome you back in the future.

Hannah Chapman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenage
Holiday Inn Express Stevenage
#8 of 11 in Stevenage
Mercure Letchworth Hall
Mercure Letchworth Hall
#1 of 3 in Letchworth

Been to Ibis Stevenage Centre? Share your experiences!