Ibis Stevenage Centre
Hotel Cromwell(Stevenage)
The Abbington(Stevenage)
The Roebuck Inn(Stevenage)
View Hotel
All reviewstrain stationmulti storeyfree wificar parkcentre of townlarge bedkings crosscentral locationclean hotelstayed for one nightold townnight staynight's sleeptescotokenrefurbishment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night back in June with my fiance to see our family. The hotel is bang in the centre of town, walking distance to the Old town and Leisure park and next to Stevenage train station. Reception staff was very friendly, checked in nice and easy. The hotel looks like it has been recently refurbished. The room was very clean, with a great shower room and a MASSIVE 6ft bed! I have stayed in many hotels and it has been possibly one of the best night sleep in a hotel I have ever had. Room was quiet no noise from people in corridors. We only paid £32 for the night which was a bargain!

• Stayed: June 2014
Ruslana Y, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased to hear that your stay was more than satifactory and we met all expectations.

We hope that you will return again in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Not bad but at the same time not particularly satisfactory. Cleaning assistant cheeky, room at residence somewhat noisy and attendant at reception not accepting of feedback provided. A very mediocre sort of reservation and in this way not particularly satisfied with it. Staff and in particular their attitude, as usual, the problem.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am disappointed to hear your stay was not satisfactory, we pride ourselves in the service we deliver so I am surprised by your comment regarding the staff attitude.

I will investigate and offer retraining.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Ibis over the weekend for a wedding, and were really pleased with the service that we received. The hotel staff were welcoming and very helpful. The room was clean, tidy and equipped for everything that we required - you can't go wrong for under £50 a night! Really big and comfy bed. The only fault we found was the price of the restaurant, so we ate in the local Wetherspoons instead. Otherwise, an excellent stay though!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased to here that your stay and the hotel met all expectations, with regards to restaurant pricing, some items we have are bought locally from butchers and come very fresh and at a higher price therefore our price needs to reflect that - I am happy you found something to meet your needs close by.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel was nice with a lovely clean room only let down was the smell of smoke in room but was offered another room , staff were pleasant and for price room was lovely free wifi and the bed was huge and comfortable . Breakfast was excellent and unlimited

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
Ruslana Y, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I do apologise for that but I am pleased staff were kind and able to offer you a room move so it did not spoil your stay.

We hope to welcome you back.

Hannah Chapman

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We went there for a night on a Saturday ( family party to attend) The only good things are that the rooms are clean & the air con in the rooms works. There is no atmosphere & its quite scary returning to the hotel in dark, it looks like the ghetto with people falling over in the street & staying where they fell. The restaurant in the hotel is not open in the evening & when we return my Husband went to hang his shirt up & the centre of the wardrobe collapsed. Even though the temperature outside was close to 30 degrees the heating was on in the hall ways. If you can book somewhere like the Cromwell, it is full of character, with helpful staff. As I said you cant fault the cleanliness of the rooms but that's all that I can say that good. And it hasn't got a car park either.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.
Unfortunately there is not much the hotel can do about the surroundings and those falling in the street, we don't own the land around it is owned by the council.

The restaurant is open until 10.30pm and the bar until 11pm due to licensing agreements.

I am pleased you found the hotel clean.