“Disappointedly average!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

After visiting other venues from this chain, we decided to give this one a go before watching a film. First impressions were good, the restaurant is smart and clean with a modern feel. We were greeted pleasantly and seated straight-away. Unfortunately this was the best it got. Don't get me wrong, we didn't have a terrible experience and the food was edible, but I'm glad we were using vouchers that we had to pay for most of it!
Our starters were delivered even before we had been served our drinks. The Antipasto to share wasn't overly generous, although was enjoyable.
Following this we decided to add some garlic bread as a side with the main courses, despite previously being told by the waitress we had ordered a lot of food and must be hungry!
My girlfriend had a pizza, which was very good and made me wish I had chosen one of these also. I had plumped for the Spaghetti Carbonara, which was very runny and was not even as good as I can do at home myself. Although, as I say it was edible, just very average.
The service was quick and it served the purpose before going to the cinema, although next time I think we'll try one of the other options on the leisure park.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had an hour wait in between trains and found myself here. Thank god I decided to walk a bit further rather than just settling for McDonald's! The restaurant itself was fairly quiet, though everyone was fairly spread about. I asked if there was somewhere I would be able to charge my phone while I was eating and it was promptly whisked off behind the bar with a smile. I ordered a pasta and a large red wine, both arrived quicker than expected (slightly too quick for the pasta, but it was nice enough so not to worry) and I was away for my train without ever feeling rushed.

On a lazy Sunday afternoon, the day before a bank holiday you don't tend to expect very much, however the service was, as the title suggests, a pleasant surprise, and exactly what I needed during an arduous journey home!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Normally I wouldn't bother reviewing a big chain restaurant but I felt this one deserved special mention. I nipped in her with my girlfriend about an hour before a special cinema event at the cinema on the same "leisure complex" - I was not expecting good or speedy service and I was totally proved wrong. Our request to have starter and main served at the same time was met without question or qualm and we were served very quickly. The portions are great - we really only needed one pizza between two of us but we ordered one each not knowing their sizes so were well and truely stuffed......the restaurant is big but it seems they are adequately staffed and the air conditioning was a welcome relief to a hot summer's day.

1  Thank Phil R
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews for chains but felt moved to in this occasion. Having never visited Prezzo before I have now been twice to this one and once to the one in Harpenden in two weeks while staying away for work. The menu has wide choice with plenty to tempt me and the food was very good. The decor and ambience were up market and very pleasant in each case. But the thing I really wanted to highlight was the service. It was spot on every time. Very attentive without being intrusive, never a problem catching a waiters eye. Poor service can ruin an otherwise good meal but I came away very satisfied every time and will be very happy to return. If you're looking for Italian and are ok with a chain I think you'll be very happy with Prezzo.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been to Prezzo a lot and each time I have gone I have had something different, but the last few times I have enjoyed a pasta dish which has been lovely! Always prompt, asked how our meals are and asked if we would like any more drinks! Over all experience I leave with a good night and a full stomach. Will definitely be going again!