“Family get together.”

Holiday Inn Express Stevenage
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I think the hotel is very pleasant as are the staff. They were very helpful at reception. The hotel is situated in an ideal place. Very clean and comfortable. Needs a little help managing breakfast times. Did not have a menu in the room. Parking was very limited and although free parking was provided in matalan car park. There was some additional cost. I think this hotel is great value for money if booked at the right time because I was charged 57 pounds per room where as my sister paid 39 pounds so best to book in advance or check which website you book with. Overall it is a very nice hotel with very nice staff and I will be staying there again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Christian_Holfve, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn
Express Stevenage, All your comments will be passed on to the team here

We hope to see you again soonj

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Accommodation was fine - room was secure, quiet, clean and of adequate size. What let the hotel down was the breakfast area. The self-service area was very small and the dining area seemed severely under-manned, with no-one in charge. Not unreasonable to expect that on a Sunday morning there will be a rush at the end of breakfast service, as people will want to have a lie-in. This led to a lengthy queue snaking across the dining area. Table clearing was slow to non-existent and so I ended up trying to eat breakfast from a coffee table in the lounge. Staff seemed ill-trained and struggling to cope.

Room Tip: Possibly better to travel into town by train to save the aggro with car parking
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

May I sincerely apologise for the fact that you have been given cause to contact us regarding your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Stevenage.

The quality of our food and service is of paramount importance to us and I was therefore very disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction. We make every effort to ensure food is promptly delivered to the table at the correct temperature and quality, so that our guests can enjoy our food at its best.

We pride ourselves on the standards of food and service we provide and on this occasion we have let you and ourselves down. I am extremely sorry that the quality of service you received was not to your satisfaction. I fully appreciate how upsetting this must have been for you.

I have discussed the issues you raised with my Team Members during our shift meeting and I have strongly reinforced the systems and procedures we have to avoid this happening again in the future

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and upset caused. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Nice location, helpful attentive staff but the wifi was woeful and as much as the staff tried to resolve it they couldn't. The state of the room though was a disgrace with dirty stains everywhere and not even recent as the carpet had gone hard where the stain was. This level of dirtiness is unacceptable and all you get is an apology. I shouldn't even have to tell them the room is this bad, they must know this (pictures enclosed of two part of hard carpet with stains and also the chair with stains)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Toffeeman2011
Christian_Holfve, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Was visiting London for two days and needed a nights stay somewhere and chose this hotel and over the moon that I did so, brilliant rooms and great facilities around, also 5minutes away from the train station which is absolutely fantastic because London is half hour away by train, overall amazing nights stay, very quiet nights sleep, really comfortable bed, very clean and tidy rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Toss90
Christian_Holfve, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review of your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Stevenage. The hotel is situated in the middle of Stevenage town centre so I am happy to here everything you needed was within a short walk, the train station is only 5 minutes away and trains depart to London every 20 minutes so we are in an ideal location for a short city break. I am, extremely happy to know everything was to your liking and I will pass on comments on to my team

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express Stevenage for one night to attend a nearby social function. We weren't sure about parking on arrival but the reception gave us a waver for parking in the Matalan car park. Unfortunately the period was from 17.00 to 09.00 the next day-not good if you arrive early or want a lay in the next morning. We put money in the car park meter for the afternoon and some more in the morning so we could have breakfast at a reasonable hour. I'm not sure about the car park regulations as it says you can only stay two hours, but we didn't get a ticket anyway(we were gone anyway before the attendant arrived on the Saturday morning :) . The reception was very efficient, courteous, helpful, professional and friendly. The hotel smelt quite nice as some hotels I've been to have an aroma of lorry drivers armpit :) . The cleaner was making her way down our corridor but had already done our room. The one and only grouse we had was the carpet by the sofa in the room had a huge stain on it. We debated what it could be but for our own peace of mind decided that someone had spilt their coffee. I'm sure if we were that unhappy and had contacted reception they would have found some resolution but we couldn't be bothered. The bed was comfortable giving a good nights sleep. The breakfast was nice but the breakfast bar area was on the small side for the rugby scrum of people trying to get something to eat or drink. With a small amount of pushing and shoving by those who are rude and selfish, my wife nearly ended face down in her scrambled egg- so be prepared to man up and hold your ground ;) . The only other thing to say is that the value for money was fantastic. For a nice hotel and two breakfasts included I don't think they can be beaten for the price! A very enjoyable stay and a BIG thank you too all the staff. Well done.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Christian_Holfve, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

See you again soon

Reviewed 2 June 2014

rooms are small but comfy and quiet (top floor) free breakfast is basic. parking is a problem. bar is expensive. but a witherspoones is next door. easy access to the train station and shopping centre. may need a taxi to the old town (about a fiver).

Room Tip: high floor has no noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay. We pride ourselves on the standards of service, I am happy to hear your found our rooms comfy and quiet we are ideally located for the train station and all transport links in to London and Cambridge. The price of drinks at the hotel is inline with hotels other hotels in the area.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times before and usually happy to give it 5 stars as the price is normally around £50 for a couple of adults which is a bargain with nice comfortable and clean rooms with a decent enough breakfast thrown in.

On this visit was around 75 quid, which I see as a wee bit pricey to stay in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PerthFoody82

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay. We pride ourselves on the standards of service and I am so happy to here we delivered this on your recent stay it is always nice to know what we are doing well. The prices here are inline with the local area and we always offer a price match guarantee
See you again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenage
#7 of 11 in Stevenage
#10 of 11 in Stevenage
Mercure Letchworth Hall
Mercure Letchworth Hall
#1 of 3 in Letchworth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stevenage? Share your experiences!