“Great Sleep. Shame about the rest.”

Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here as an overnighter while at a family wedding nearby. Check in was fantastic. Lady was friendly and very helpful. She was off on holiday after that, unfortunately for us. Room was sparklingly clean and fresh. Everything you need to be comfortable - shower was great, with lots of fresh towels available. As promised we had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was across the car park in the nearby Beefeater. It was chaos. We were seated quickly (which seemed to be the main aim of the staff) Not their fault, obviously poor company policy. It all went downhill from there. Took at least half an hour to have our order taken. Meanwhile I made some toast. No clean cups or glasses to drink from. 'They were being washed'! Hello! Yet a member of staff descended the stairs, at least twice while I waited, with armfuls of clean mugs. Was Costa more important than us? Eventually, we ordered and a v mediocre breakfast arrived. I was glad I stuck to toast. Worse was yet to come. I noticed shortly after leaving that my iPad was missing. I had left it behind on the bed.I rang back and was asked (by a young receptionist) to call back the next day when housekeeping staff were in. I did. They still weren't in. Hours later, I called again and was told nothing was 'handed in' I asked if behind the bed was checked and was told, very hesitantly, but also very rudely, that it was. Clearly trying to fob me off. I rang again, and got the same person next day and was told they looked 'when I rang' . I challenged that. And was told manager would be 'in' 24hrs later. So I expect I will not see my iPad again, but feel the hotel should take responsibility. I left it on the bed. Such poor customer service, unreal in this day and age. Maybe, I was unfortunate to get an inexperienced receptionist on 3 consecutive occasions. But really, a chain as big as this should really train their staff in customer care. My property, left on your premises,should be safe. Or retrievable. BTW its showing up as being accessed since then in Rickmansworth.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cityssliker
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are very pleased that our team at the hotel ensured that you were well looked after. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our breakfast service did not meet your expectations.Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured we take the security of our guests very seriously and we would like to investigating this matter with the Management Team Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked a double room for one night as I was visiting friends in the area. The check in was easy and the staff were very pleasant. The room itself was very spacious and very clean. The only downside was that the room was facing the road so the traffic was quite loud at night, but the location can't be helped. Overall a great hotel and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Annette F, Manager at Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. If you stay with us again please dont hesitate to ask for a room away from the road.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Reception staff were lovely, and really helpful. The room was clean and comfortable with added WIFI.
The only let down was breakfast. Premier Inn promote their 'Eat as Much as you Like' breakfasts and unlimited Costa Coffee. In previous Premier Inns we've enjoyed great buffet breakfasts and Costa machines. This breakfast didn't live up to the adverts. It wasn't really 'Eat as Much as you Like', as you had to order cooked items from the waitress. I chose quorn sausages and, when they arrived, they were uncooked and cold. The coffee was in an insulated jug, not a Costa machine.
The staff were working really hard, but there was a continual queue of people waiting for cups, glasses and tea spoons to be 'put through the washer' and replaced.
It was all a bit chaotic, and a bit grubby!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving us your review. The Beefeater does get very busy at breakfast times and i am sorry you wasnt informed of this by our reception team. I will pass your kind comments on to the team.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a family room for one night for my family as we were visiting relatives in the area. We have three children (7,2 & a baby)

Firstly, we were pleasantly surprised at the price - £35 - considering it was Easter Monday.

The room was on the ground floor and was very spacious and clean and we didn't feel we were cramped in at all, despite having two extra beds and a travel cot.

The only problem was that it was far too hot and we were unable to cool the room. The window opens only slightly for obvious reasons. We found ourselves desperate to leave and get some fresh air, despite the 12oclock check out!

We will definitely stay here again, but will maybe take a fan next time!

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for leaving us your review. We are sorry you found the room to be hot. All our rooms do have fans provided but should you require a second please do ask next time you stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We usually choose Premier Inns when we travel as they combine a reasonable price with a comfortable and pleasant room, and have pub restaurants on site which is very convenient for a meal out without having to drive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Annette F, Manager at Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is one of the older Premier Inns with a dreadful car park and you need a ticket from reception to park overnight.

Check in was the usual PI standard with an added bonus - FREE WI-FI!!!!! Now Premier Inn, please can us customers have some consistency over this? PI Bedford South charges £3/24 hours, Stevenage North is free. Please sort yourselves out!

Room was clean and comfortable and bathroom was adequate, but certainly a come-down since my previous night in Bedford South, but then Stevenage is a town you don't want to visit unless you have to!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for leaving us your review. I am happy your room was clean and comfortable. The car parking at Premier Inns is currently under review so hopefully will be in line with each other soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

staff very friendly and efficient. good twin room could do with another chair. nice and clean and just what we needed for a one night stay.Convenience of restaurant next door. Good safe parking. An easy walk into the Old Town with an excellent variety of shops.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Annette F, Manager at Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you for leaving us your review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenage
Holiday Inn Express Stevenage
#7 of 11 in Stevenage
Mercure Letchworth Hall
Mercure Letchworth Hall
#1 of 3 in Letchworth

Been to Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel? Share your experiences!