“Retirement Service”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Hednesford, United Kingdom
“Retirement Service”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at this Hotel one night to visit a relative and attend a service at St George's Church. As stated previously the staff were very friendly and the rooms very comfortable. We ate Sunday lunch at the on site Beefeater which we found to be very good, also had a nightcap there before bed. Overall a lovely weekend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Annette F, Manager at Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for leaving us your kind review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Myself & my family stayed at this hotel twice when my dad was unwell, the hotel is next door to Lister hospital so the ideal place to stay. On both visits the rooms were clean & comfortable but what I liked most about the hotel was the staff, all of the staff were exceptionally friendly & helpful & couldn't have done enough to help us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for leaving us your kind review, i have past your comments onto the team and we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I will be looking for something alternative for my next stay in this area.

I booked here as I have previously had good service both at the hotel and the adjoining Beefeater restaurant. Restaurant was particularly poor (for the brand) with lackluster service for dinner and staff whining at each other in the bar.

Perfectly OK, but disinterested staff and a not overly welcoming feel was surprising for such a popular and well advertised brand hotel.

Other reviews state good or excellent value, but at nearly £110 for dinner, bed and breakfast, I'm not convinced you could call this budget.

Sorry Premier Inn - not a winner this time.

Room Tip: A comment you would expect this time - choose somewhere else.. I will update this review if I find a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations in the beefeater, please contact me so we can discuss this further. 01438 354951 Annette
Mevagissey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have just had a second stay at this Premier Inn. It backs onto the Lister Hospital, which we needed to visit and is perfect for the hospital. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. We used the Beefeater restaurant which is on the same site as the hotel and it offers very good reasonable food. The hotel is very clean and we would use it again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving us your review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I needed a budget hotel for a couple of nights and, having stayed at a Premier Inn once before, I thought I would try it again. It was (nearly) everything I wanted and required. The room was modern, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was spotless and everything worked perfectly. Most importantly, the bed was comfortable and there was even a choice of pillows. Even though the hotel was by a main road and the website warned that it might be noisy, I had no trouble dropping off.

The only downside was the Beefeater restaurant allied to the hotel where the meals were served. The cooked breakfast was great value for money but, unfortunately, over-cooked - I went for the continental on my second morning. In the evening the meals looked good, as long as you wanted to eat a jumbo portion. Personally, I find such meal sizes daunting and would prefer more 'lighter bites'

All in all, however, I would unquestionably recommend this hotel for a short, functional stay

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for leaving us your review we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
Swarland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Premier Inn,Stevenage for three days last week. We found the staff very friendly and the facilities very clean. The breakfasts at the Beefeater across the car park were excellent and you could have as much as you liked. If you want a good value for money hotel in the Stevenage area this is the one for you.

Bill/Dawn. Swarland, Northumberland

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving us your kind review.
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Friendly non intrusive staff. Clean and well presented room. A good breakfast and a very comfortable nights sleep. Would definitely stay here again.
The best nights sleep I think I've had in a budget hotel, but our room was at the back and I would imagine the front could be a bit louder of an evening.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenage
Premier Inn Stevenage Central Hotel
#5 of 11 in Stevenage
Ibis Stevenage Centre
Ibis Stevenage Centre
#9 of 11 in Stevenage

Been to Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel? Share your experiences!