“Enjoyable family visit to Stevenage”

Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Stevenage
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Apart from initial reception experience it was a very enjoyable experience bringing our Australian family to meet with their English cousins and Uncle.
We made the visit with minimal disruption to English family still at work and children at school due to our Premier Inn experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Annette F, Manager at Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Hi Anne Thanks for leaving us your review. Please can you contact me regarding the "initial reception experience" as i am unaware of any problems. 01438 354951 Annette

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights with sister and her family, for the 1st time, and was delighted by everything! The on-line booking process was very simple, the directions were very easy to follow, parking was good (get a free parking token from reception) and the welcome from Kane (receptionist) was great. I'd checked in on-line but that made no difference to the care and helpfulness I received on getting my key (and extra milk and teabags). The room overlooked the car park and road but I heard nothing overnight (the only drawback was the window had to be closed but a fan ensured I stayed cool). I couldn't get my TV working so Kane sorted it while we were at the Beefeater. Next morning Debbie was friendly, helpful, interested in what we were going to do for the day (and asked us about our day out next morning - remembering where we had gone). Kane also asked about our day and seemed genuinely interested in what we had seen and done. Checking out was a pleasant experience (sorry, that sounds wrong!), with Debbie making sure I was happy with the stay, ensuring I needed no help and nothing needed following up. All in all, nothing was too much trouble, all the staff I saw (including housekeeping) were constantly smiling and I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the carpark side are noisier but the other side has the hospital!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving us your kind review Sarah. I have passed your comments onto both Kane, Debbie and the rest of the team.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is the first time we have stayed here and from the moment of our arrival the staff were brilliant and so very helpful the rooms were clean fresh and well stocked with tea coffee etc, and they were constantly smiling no matter what time of day or night you arrive and nothing was too much trouble, they are also children friendly which helps when you have little ones running about and being a bit noisy,I really can't praise them enough . The restaurant next door i think is a part of the hotel it is a Beefeater restaurant and they were the same absolutely amazing ,the restaurant was fresh and clean and again the service was great especially the waiting staff, my son who is adult is permanently in a wheelchair and they could not do enough for him and he was spoken to as an adult which we don't always find, the hotel and the restaurant staff were brilliant and I highly Recommend them to anyone. We have spend many years staying in budget hotels all over the country and Europe but I can honestly say that this was the best experience we have had from one as the staff were interested in what We wanted and needed for our stay to be a nice one it was lovely it was great. I Highly Recommend it and the Restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi John. Thank you for leaving us your great review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass the comments onto the team.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was staying overnight to see friends nearby on the way to a family funeral in East Anglia. Though this was another overly warm Premier Inn with no aircon (I gave Derby East 3 stars recently but only because they willingly and efficiently honoured their money-back guarantee), the Stevenage folk warned people in advance and had a supply of sheets ready on the reception counter. This did help; I slept OK and the rest of the facilities were as you would expect - a functional and clean room, and decent breakfast at the adjacent Beefeater. Make sure you get a parking voucher; the staff should give you this as the car park is otherwise pay and display (the hotel is next to a general hospital).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rob J

Hi Rob thank you for taking the time to leave us your kind review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the lack of Air-con didnt interupt your sleep.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We've stayed here on more than one occasion. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are clean and bright and the facilities provided are more than adequate for a budget hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you Helen for leaving us your review, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here overnight whilst visiting friends nearby.The staff were all excellent .Very helpful and pleasant.The room was clean and comfortable with everything we needed.And although it was quite a warm night and we needed the window open,the busy road nearby didnt disturb us.There was ample parking.And the Premier Inn is ideally placed for the A1 .There is also a Sainsburys nearby.We had breakfast at the Beefeater onsite.The breakfast was good.Plenty of choice.Good service and once again,pleasant staff.We would certainly stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you Lizzie for leaving us your review. We ar happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at this Hotel one night to visit a relative and attend a service at St George's Church. As stated previously the staff were very friendly and the rooms very comfortable. We ate Sunday lunch at the on site Beefeater which we found to be very good, also had a nightcap there before bed. Overall a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Annette F, Manager at Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for leaving us your kind review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenage
Holiday Inn Express Stevenage
#6 of 11 in Stevenage
The Abbington
The Abbington
#8 of 11 in Stevenage

Been to Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel? Share your experiences!